• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gardens 2021

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of gardens, my wife has a “fairy garden” for our grandkids. And since I am the one who maintains it, I just had to add my 2 cents.
Don’t know if she appreciated it, but the grandkids liked it.
P.S. - The tractor was green when I got it, but just had to paint it CC yellow!

Attachments

• 4BEEBCF0-F453-4920-B627-DDDB3CE03DB6.jpeg
    4BEEBCF0-F453-4920-B627-DDDB3CE03DB6.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 156
  • EE2BFA10-711A-4AEC-8C79-EBB8C00E2FF2.jpeg
    EE2BFA10-711A-4AEC-8C79-EBB8C00E2FF2.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 174
My new roof decor....tasteful isn't ?? We got our butts kicked the other night in So. Mi.Large oak on my house, large oak on garage , several down in the yard...Always think positive,I won't have to cut down any trees for firewood for another year.....tomatoes flattened but still coming

Attachments

• 100_1448.JPG
    100_1448.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_1442.JPG
    100_1442.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_1438.JPG
    100_1438.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 177
Need help....wife wants me to grow some garlic.....I'm in far northeast Illinois, about 3 miles from the Wisco border. What is a good variety for this area? I read that it gets planted in the fall, is that August, September or October? I've never grown garlic and Dad never did either growing up so I'm not sure how to get started with it.
On another note my cucumbers have been going bonkers, I'm going to have probably 15 nice pumpkins, and I grew a Carolina Gold tomato this year-yum.

Need help....wife wants me to grow some garlic.....I'm in far northeast Illinois, about 3 miles from the Wisco border. What is a good variety for this area? I read that it gets planted in the fall, is that August, September or October? I've never grown garlic and Dad never did either growing up so I'm not sure how to get started with it.
On another note my cucumbers have been going bonkers, I'm going to have probably 15 nice pumpkins, and I grew a Carolina Gold tomato this year-yum.

Oh Kraig, @kmcconaughey sound like a good question for you..... LOL

Here's: a link on how I grow it, note that the link takes you to one of my posts on page 6 of a thread on growing garlic. I live in Wisconsin due East of Minneapolis/St. Paul. I typically plant it in late October or early November depending on the weather. I would guess that early to late October would be about right for you to plant it. I grow two types, one I have been growing since the 1990's is a variety called "German Extra Hardy" In 2016 I started growing another unknown variety that I call "Harland" which is the name of the guy I got it from. You may not be able to find a source for garlic this time of year as most nurseries are sold out. They typically take orders in the spring for fall shipment. If you can't find any send me a PM with your mailing address and I will send you some.

Wow Kraig. Thanks for the link. I never noticed that thread. I will read it later this evening. I will let you know if I turn up empty. Thank you for the offer.

Gary,

It looks like you used the same designer as my neighbor tried to do for me. They tried to put in this log walkway from their playground to my pool. Sadly, both of those fences are mine.

Temites got to the tree. I knew it was going, but if I told him to take it down, the termites might come for my house!

Attachments

• 0C581774-A47C-4D5E-A391-36E3EE9D4091.png
    0C581774-A47C-4D5E-A391-36E3EE9D4091.png
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 162
Back