• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gardens 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
I think these guys are getting pretty tired of waiting!!
I had 'em in the far corner of the shop covered up w/some old carpet. They usually kep pretty good there but I was in the shop w/the heater running quite a bit these past few months.

313267.jpg

313268.jpg

Everything messed up around here Dave. Although those were inside. With this warm weather we've been having, my rhubarb is peeking through, the wife's lillies are a couple inches tall, and the maples want to bud out. Nature is plain bi-polar anymore.
lol.gif
And I know I'm ready to get outdoors and have some seat time.

I had everything out of the shed yesterday to let them warm up and run for a while. Looked at the garden, then at the diesel, then at the new Brinly 3pt. cultivator and thought, "what the heck?"......So, I "chisel plowed" the garden to level it off and incorporate the ashes from the leave pile, etc.

Never though I'd be doing that the first week of March in IL....nuts!

This reminds me to get going on my tiller and get the yard cleared up faster to get the garden in. I agree on this "winter" we had!

No more rusty coffee cans or sc5rewing around with milk jugs!!

Snagged these today from the re-cycle bin at work. (part time spring gig) the co-op rebuilt their entire standpipe system for anhydrous filling and these were scraps left over from the bollard covers.

Should make great shelters for new tomato plants!!
And they are a close match color wise for my 104 to pose for a picture in another month.

313757.jpg

We have had a good week for gardening. Planted 150 lb. potatoes, 2 pound sweet corn, Some lettuce, spinach, radishes, and mustard. The sweet potatoe plants will be ready in a couple weeks. Have been giving the 100 and the 124 a real workout. I got new fenders from Charlie for the 100 and sure does make working it nicer. Thanks Charlie.

Don’t take many of these monsters to fill a 5 gal bucket!!

The 2 biggest ones were 5"+ tall W/O the stem, and about .75 lbs each.

Carolyn picked 3 buckets of them yesterday and they are going in the freezer today!

317236.jpg

David, wow, very nice! Do you freeze them whole or do you chop them up and freeze the pieces? When we freeze peppers we cut them up into bite size pieces like you would if you were going to use them in something, then place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Once they are frozen, basically overnight, they are moved from the cookie sheet into a freezer bag. That way you can just dispense out as many or as few as you want.

Carolyn runs them through the old hand crank grinder, then portions them out, juice and all into muffin pans, freezes them , and then into bags they go.

I can smell the chili, goulash and spaghetti already. Winter ain't so bad when yer freezer is full!!

We just had a rain storm here!!!, I counted 256 drops!!

David that is one huge carrot. Most of my sweet potatoes aren't that big

Wow that is one big carrot! Bugs Bunny would be salivating to get his paws on that one.

317954.jpg

Back