• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gannon Seeder - I think

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
Who was it that had posted a seeder with a roller or something on here? I can't remember if it was a Gannon model or what ? Had the seeder box on top and then some sort of roller underneath it? I can't find it now. I think it was one of you plow guys from the mid west I think.
Think it would be really neat to build one for at home. I have to a bunch of top dressing of my lawn this year after I spray it for creeping charlie and many other weeds I've never seen until recently. Its getting pretty bad in spots. So instead of ripping up what grass I have established was hoping to top dress some right into the soil? At least give it a try. Not really up for tilling up patches all over my lawn and well, getting a load of topsoil really isn't high on the list this year either! Don't feel like shoveling it honestly.

The seeder you was talking about-Is it a Viking?
Here is the Viking I have

Viking21.jpg

Viking31.jpg

Viking4.jpg

That's the one Dale! Thank you.
I was thinking about that style but perhaps with some spikes on it to make slits in ground in hopes the grass would fall into them to get better seed to soil contact?
Have you used yours much? Bet it works great on fresh soil for seeding?
Be sort of neat to have it with a small roller on back too for slight packing after the seed has dropped,

I like your Earthcavator. That looks solid too, so it would actually MOVE soil when used. VERY COOL.

Latest posts

Back