• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Fwd: Lawn mower vs train = gene pool cleansing

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
From the Yahoo IlliniRail group:

From National Railway News.

Zoom Zoom

Macon Telegraph
August 27, 2006
By Liz Fabian

BONAIRE - A Houston County man going down the railroad tracks on a riding lawn mower was hit and killed by a train early Saturday morning.

Anthony Todd Potts, 38, of 809A Ga. 247, was traveling southbound on the Norfolk Southern tracks south of Ga. 96 when he was hit by a northbound train at 1:13 a.m., said Cpl. Sean Alexander of the Houston County Sheriff's Office.

"Alcohol is a contributing factor," Alexander said. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

Cpl. Brad Stone of the Houston County Sheriff's Office said investigators have no idea why the man was riding the lawn mower down the tracks in the middle of the night.

Potts was killed instantly and the lawn mower was destroyed beyond recognition, Stone said.

Charlie, how could it outrun the train when they were headed toward each other?
happy.gif

Guess this means Tedd and I need to abandon our idea of a Cub Cadet speeder or hi-railer...

Charlie, read it again, and again, and again.... eventually you'll see it.
happy.gif

Charlie, just stay of the RR tracks and you'll be OK.
happy.gif

coffee.gif
Oh, man.... As tired as I am and I read this.... I wonder just what they'll find when doing that autopsy? This is in relation to something my oldest brother told me around twenty years ago when he was at a gun show and was talking to a police officer from a large Iowa city. The police received a call of someone driving their car on the railroad tracks from one street intersection to the other. For the rest of the story you'd have to e:mail me.

Just imagine how bumpy of a ride that must've been. Also, at least he wasn't weaving all over the place. (Kinda gives a whole new meaning to that song.... Take the Long Way Home )

About a year ago our morning train hit an older woman in her 70's. Let's just say there wasn't much to autopsy.

dont think theres gonna be much of an autopsy here either, if it destroyed the mower... reminds me of an older guy that worked at a grain company 3 miles south of were i live... happened about 23 years ago, i was there when the EMS showed up. i'll never forget it, he evidently (i hope) had a heart attack and fell into a feed auger, i remember they had scoop shovels at the end of the auger, don't mean do gross everybody out, but thats what i seen. never forget it...

Guys.... I am thinking on the wild side of things...
biggrin.gif
... That's why I say ... and the rest of the story.... (won't be printed here.)

Charlie P. If that fella would've been on a Cub there would've been one heck of a derailment.

Final little note before I'm off to bed. In 1979-80 while going to work when I got to the toll booth on highway 64 crossing from Sabula to Savanna there was a brand new Buick Riviera with the right side completely gone. A couple months earlier the cable guards were replaced with steel rail. The owner of the car was so drunk that when going back to Illinois he literally kept the car's side "glued" to the rail all the way to the toll booth.

The Hi-railer can still be made. It will just have to be used when sober and in day light with permission form the right people.
happy.gif

The gears are turning again.....

Back