• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Front wheel weights 8” for Cub Cadet 1450

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are using a tiller or a rear box blade a little more weight up front is helpful for sure.
I made a weight box for my 1650 and incorporated the tiller mule drive into it.
Good place to store big rocks one might encounter till you get to the end of the row:cubwinker:

I have been tilling with a #2 tiller on a 782 for 35 years and never felt the need for weight on the front. Being light helps it steer easier without power steering.:drool2:

I found front weights needed when plowing wet, heavy snow with my plow blade angled.
Plowing without them caused the tractor front-end to be pushed opposite the direction the plow was angled.
Then again the snow was about a foot deep and "sticky".

I found front weights needed when plowing wet, heavy snow with my plow blade angled.
Plowing without them caused the tractor front-end to be pushed opposite the direction the plow was angled.
Then again the snow was about a foot deep and "sticky".

Better front tires will be more effective than adding weight to the front.

I dont think weights are going to fix that steering issue fighting the angled plow in heavy deep snow. a 1450 maybe weighs 700 pounds - my 2182 weighs in at over 1200 with a full steel cab, steel doors etc. with the plow dropped at an angle I had to use the brakes to keep it going straight in heavy deep snow - with the snow blower If I drop it on the blacktop the front wheels have a very difficult time turning the tractor by them selves in heavy deep snow. this is 500 pounds heavier - so maybe 250 more on the fronts more than a 1450 - that is quite a bit of weight and you dont have power steering.
maybe take a few cuts with the plow raised off the ground then with the weight of the blade back on the steers you can turn better of course good tires will help.

From the archives from back around June of 2000. Not sure what brand front weights these are, but this series of photos were posted together:

2518.jpg

2519.jpg

2521.gif

2522.gif

The front bumper weights would be great if they could be used with a mule drive attached.

Build a weight box. with the mule drive included.
Or extend the mule drive to include a box or a bumper.
I didn't have any hang on weights but I did have the scale weights that work just as well.

This is on my 1650 that wears the tiller year round. It received a rebuilt 341 w/Kirk balance plate year and runs smooth as silk @ WOT.
DSCN8014.JPG

Some of the gardens I do in the spring, I am headed up hill when I reach the end of the row and the added weight sure helps in that instance.

DSCN8013.JPG

Deere made front wheel weights, I believe about 36 lbs each, if you don’t care if they aren’t IH weights. 078E8B0C-EE14-41EC-ADFC-529CB9F064B5.jpeg

Tom It is just the COOL factor. When i’m smoking a cigar. Riding my tractor. And my neighbors “ Ring” video surveillance picks me up! He has an MTD. lol

I've got a newbie question

What is the best tire set up for plowing snow?

IHCC 100
?1965?

Original rims front and back

I've been looking at 23x8.5x12 for rear

13x6.5x8 for front

Heavy lug/tiller tires tread for both

Back