Quantcast
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Front wheel weights 8” for Cub Cadet 1450

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
If you are using a tiller or a rear box blade a little more weight up front is helpful for sure.
I made a weight box for my 1650 and incorporated the tiller mule drive into it.
Good place to store big rocks one might encounter till you get to the end of the row:cubwinker:

jstich

displayname
Jerry Stich
I have been tilling with a #2 tiller on a 782 for 35 years and never felt the need for weight on the front. Being light helps it steer easier without power steering.:drool2:

jlord

displayname
Jim Lord
I found front weights needed when plowing wet, heavy snow with my plow blade angled.
Plowing without them caused the tractor front-end to be pushed opposite the direction the plow was angled.
Then again the snow was about a foot deep and "sticky".

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
I found front weights needed when plowing wet, heavy snow with my plow blade angled.
Plowing without them caused the tractor front-end to be pushed opposite the direction the plow was angled.
Then again the snow was about a foot deep and "sticky".
Better front tires will be more effective than adding weight to the front.

spndncash

I dont think weights are going to fix that steering issue fighting the angled plow in heavy deep snow. a 1450 maybe weighs 700 pounds - my 2182 weighs in at over 1200 with a full steel cab, steel doors etc. with the plow dropped at an angle I had to use the brakes to keep it going straight in heavy deep snow - with the snow blower If I drop it on the blacktop the front wheels have a very difficult time turning the tractor by them selves in heavy deep snow. this is 500 pounds heavier - so maybe 250 more on the fronts more than a 1450 - that is quite a bit of weight and you dont have power steering.
maybe take a few cuts with the plow raised off the ground then with the weight of the blade back on the steers you can turn better of course good tires will help.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
From the archives from back around June of 2000. Not sure what brand front weights these are, but this series of photos were posted together:

2518.jpg

2519.jpg

2521.gif

2522.gif

gpapa

displayname
Papa
The front bumper weights would be great if they could be used with a mule drive attached.

dware

displayname
David Ware
Why not put tubes in the front tires (if they are not already in), and fill them with winter grade washer fluid?
How much liquid will the tire hold ? 1 gallon maybe? That is a whopping 10lbs per tire . Seems not worth the effort .

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Build a weight box. with the mule drive included.
Or extend the mule drive to include a box or a bumper.
I didn't have any hang on weights but I did have the scale weights that work just as well.

This is on my 1650 that wears the tiller year round. It received a rebuilt 341 w/Kirk balance plate year and runs smooth as silk @ WOT.
DSCN8014.JPG

Some of the gardens I do in the spring, I am headed up hill when I reach the end of the row and the added weight sure helps in that instance.

DSCN8013.JPG

jkluewer

displayname
Jeff Kluewer
Deere made front wheel weights, I believe about 36 lbs each, if you don’t care if they aren’t IH weights. 078E8B0C-EE14-41EC-ADFC-529CB9F064B5.jpeg

Stevenovick1

Tom It is just the COOL factor. When i’m smoking a cigar. Riding my tractor. And my neighbors “ Ring” video surveillance picks me up! He has an MTD. lol