• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Front blade for a 182

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad - I know zilch about the "Cadet" lawn tractors but thought this info might be helpful to you.

About 2-3 decades ago I ran across an IH 42" front snow/dozer blade with a sub-frame I couldn't figure out at the time. The major blade assembly itself looked exactly the same as blade used on an IH Cub Cadet Garden tractor, but the sub-frame was really strange. It appeared to have brackets that would mount to the rearend of the tractor instead of the frame. Several years later I saw info that this type of sub-frame was used on the "Cadet" lawn tractors.

After your post above I tried to look up the 182/282/382 in the CCC parts link on the CCC website. They have no snow blade attachment listed for any of these 3 Cadet models. They do list a snow thrower. Next thing I checked my paper version of my CPE-2 Parts book for IHCC attachments. It has a section for Blades and mentions Model 76 and 80 Cadets but not 182/282/382. I have no idea how similar these 5 models may be but thought a couple pics from my parts book, of the blade sub-frame for the Model 76 and 80, might be helpful for you. The sub-frame is diagram Item #15. My recollection from seeing just one of these in the past is that this thing is at least 4ft to 5ft long (just to give you an idea of the dimensions). I'm certain there are bone yards out there that have stuff with no idea what it's for. Hope this helps.
Cadet sub-frame info1.jpg

Cadet sub-frame info.jpg

Thanks for the great info guys, I think finding one of these may be near impossible. It may easier to buy a narrow frame blade and make a sub frame that fits the tractor based on those prints. Search continues!

Thanks for the great info guys, I think finding one of these may be near impossible. It may easier to buy a narrow frame blade and make a sub frame that fits the tractor based on those prints. Search continues!

Brad - pretty certain you're right. You might even look at sub-frames from for other brand tractors that have a design based on attaching to the rearend, and then remake it into the IH design in the diagram I provided.

Anybody have a front blade that fits a 182 - 382 they want to get rid of?
Hey Brad Kamm

I have a snow blade that's looking for a home.

I'm in Montana so I'm not sure what the freight is going to run.

I'll post pictures later this week

Delbert - your blade has a sub-frame for most all Narrow Frame Cub Cadets (and the sub-frame has some reinforcement add on steel). I thought you were implying it would have the Cadet series (lawn tractor) sub-frame (Item #15 in the parts diagram I posted a few messages above). The blade itself is correct for the 182 or 282 or 382, but the sub-frame would have to be modified.

I'm highly ignorant on what will or will not work

I've had a Cub Cadet 100 for about a month

As I said previously
"I have a snow blade that's looking for a home."

It's available

I don't know if it's worth the effort to modify or change out for an appropriate sub-frame

Back