• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

From 1965......

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt G. If you decide to build the Pow'r Pup let me know.
Shift.gif

Marlin - Without reading the links yet I'll say this about my home-made one (actually 2) but when I first made it I had 14" wheels on all four corners and a 8" pulley on the trans and I couldn't use high gear on the road it was so fast. Nothing is like a Vega engine on a Mini Mo rear though for "gettin off the line" doing a 3 foot wheelie 15 feet with 2 streaks of thick hot rubber steaming on the road when you come back ;) That was with 22" school bus wheels/tires and no brakes.

I'm letting my little one rot down, it's been sitting outside for 8 years now ... shame on me!

KENtuckyKEN. Sounds like your lttle tractor needs some TLC. You just can't let it go to rust and deteriorate. Next question.... Would the Mother's Mini Tractor be hard to build? I don't have any kind of shop area at all is why I am asking.

Marlin, I have the first two issues that the Mother's Mini tractor articles are in. I bought them many years ago in a used book store, unfortunately the third issue was not there. I did save an older version of the linked pages a few years back that I believe have more info then is there now. FWIW, that info is on one of the Cubs Photos and Data CDs I sent out. I forget off hand which volume it's on. I'll check on that Monday when I get to work.

Mother's "mini" is more of a nightmare than my little one and I know their's wont drag a JD420 dozer sideways like mine did. It's hard to beat 196:1 gear reduction and a Pontiac rear end ;)

Don't let mine rust down ? It started life as rust !

Kraig - I bought one of those issues ... if I can find it ...

Thought it was out here but not found it yet ... I seen it not long ago summerz.

Kraig - You still want ALL of that electric GE tractor info I got ???

About 10 pounds but I'll have to go through it 'cause there's multiple copies of the same info.

I'm digging for Mother's ...

Hey, My father has one of those GE elec-trac, some where in his pole barn. It has a mower deck and a snow thrower. It hasnt moved I bet for 20-25 yrs. Are there many of these out there still working?

I could have had this one for free but I never went and got it, wish I had. The motors would have been good to build with IF they were still good.
75682.jpg

My dad's tractor is bigger than that one. If i remember right the mower was hooked onto the front of the tractor. with power lift.

Few years back at a PD here in IN, there was one at a plow day. He and I worked on trying to get his plow dialed in better. The tractor weighed a TON!

marlin,the tractor in your magazine post in the article from the 1961 science and mechanics magazine that you wondered what brand it is:is a porter cable mark 1,built by porter cable who also owned the roto tiller brand at the time.right around 61 they sold off the roto tiller name and their line of lawn and garden equitment.detroit harvester and lawnmaster ended up with the lawn and garden tractors.some were branded moto mower some were branded lawnmaster.i have a lawnmaster that looks just like the tractor in the pic.they were pretty advanced,mine has electric start ( optional) rubber engine mounts and amp gauge to name a few features.to see more pictures go to yesterdaystractors garden tractor pictures and search portercable.or they were also badged as massey execitive 8 for massey ferguson

Jim B. Thank You!!! That is really neat to know. I know of two locally owned Dynamark garden tractors that except for the grille and hood they are identical to the MF10 and 12 garden tractors. When Dynamark was in Des Moines, Iowa from what I've been told they made some garden tractors for Massey Ferguson. All attachments for the Masseys will fit the Dynamarks. Just keep putting off getting the one for $200. Especially since I know what the present owner gave for it.

marlin,i do understand.the great thing about this hobby is i drag most in for from free to $100.course then it gets more expensive when i start buying parts lol.thanks for that interesting fact on dynamark/massey history.i didnt know that.i have played with alot of vintage garden tractors over the last few years but just got interested in the old super heavyduty mtd's because of a 1400 series i just hauled in.its amazing all the old heavyduty brands that used to be out there.

Back