• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Four digit original

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Decided to bring the four digit O into the basement. Hopefully this one won't take as long as the 100 did.
This is most of it, as I have already taken some stuff off of it. Pitiful little fella.

original1.jpg

original2.jpg

Oooo, this is gonna be good! Looking forward to this.

I have plenty of projects!
Another 70 and 100, dozer blade for 100, dozer blade for O. cultivator, disc, two sickle mowers, snow blower, deck for 70, and O, and a fertilizer/seed planter, just to mention a few. LOL.
This O was manufactured (approximately) on Monday, May 8th, 1961. This was based upon Paul Bell's chart. There were 2198 tractors made in May, with 23 working days (M-F). This averages to 95.56 tractors a day. This would average out to 11.94 cubs per hour.

Spent most of the day taking things apart, bagging and labeling bolts. Couldn't stand it, had to clean up at least one part.

hitch 1.jpg

Did IH make some O grille housings like this one, or did someone do a super job cutting out this section?

grille 1.jpg

Marty, that's the first one that I've ever seen with the notched grill. I'd have to say it's the work of a PO.

That's what I thought.
Did IH ever paint an O farmall red and IH white? I know it was mentioned in a meeting and later dropped.

Thanks Kraig!
I always enjoy looking at those old pics of cub history, even if I have already viewed them several times.
The reason I was asking, one of my O tractors has red underneath. Evidently someone took it all the way down to the metal, and then painted it with what appears to be farmall red. Normally, no one ( other than myself! LOL! ) goes to those lengths to repaint a cub. One thing that made me doubt it was factory, was the absence of primer under the red paint. The O that I am referring to is an early one though, made in June of 61'.

Is this little item called an oiler? Is it still available anywhere? Do you have any, Charlie?
oiler 1.jpg

Marty, google "oiler cap" you will get all sorts of hits.

Back