• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

found another Original, but this one is a 3 digit, hi 600's, Jan 61

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkuik

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Randy Kuik
just came home today w/this one. i am basically the 2nd owner. ih employee retired in WI, used this to mow for 40 years. traded w/the CC dealer 20 years ago, sat at the dealer's owner storage unit until i brought home today. it was mowing lawn when dealer traded w/a new mower. it has some work in need of it, but most things do that are 60 years old. it will set nice next to its younger brother 4 digit april 61. not sure on why the 100 hood decal is on it, paint looks like he tried to do a dupont o/h on yellow. wrong a/c & muffler, needs a head gasket, lift lever issue, &......

Attachments

• IMAG4899.jpg
    IMAG4899.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMAG4902.jpg
    IMAG4902.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 246
Nice history on a hard to find Original. Keep us posted on your progress.

Nice find! Does the white paint on the mower deck belt guards look original? I believe that some of the early ones were all white and they then changed to yellow guards.

just an update
well after 20 years, new head gasket, clean up the sediment bowl filter that was plugged, it has come to life, new 30qwt low ash in the engine, Hytran and new gasket in trans.
now fix a few things, wash it up, take it a part, paint and decal hopefully by July for Garden Tractor Daze in Portage.

I have an Original Cub , I have had it many years now, Runs and mows to this day, Yeah smokes a little and deck needs new bearings now. Has original front tires on it. Never was sure of its age, Can someone let me know how to figure it out. Thanks Dave

locate the serial number on the tranny.
Serial #590 to 23674 was made in 61'
Serial #23675 to 49845 was made in 62'
Serial #49846 to 73874 was made in 63'
In 63' IH transitioned to the 70/100 series, so those later serial numbers were probably the 70/100's

I have an Original Cub , I have had it many years now, Runs and mows to this day, Yeah smokes a little and deck needs new bearings now. Has original front tires on it. Never was sure of its age, Can someone let me know how to figure it out. Thanks Dave
Doesn't really matter, they were made 1961-1963, pretty much all the same.

1649361773718.png

There are a few differences with the earlier ones. I can think of two things right off.
The slot in the dash tower to adjust the steering is not there on the early models. The early models also have sleeve bushings on the front spindles. I am told these are highly sought after.
You can also figure the month they were produced by using the chart Paul Bell listed on this site. I even pulled up the months in 61' to 63' and figured the day mine were made. Kinda fun to do.

Very nice find! A keeper for sure. The originals had a problem with the clutch sticking and when they were started they took off and smashed into whatever was parked in front of them buckling the hood down in the front. That's why they're all bent. Usually the big old wooden work bench in the corner was the victim of impact. Yes, you got a sweet keeper there Marty!

thank you, i believe it is a keeper also, especially knowing there is only 180 some in front of it.
i was told there was a place that had most of the Originals that were still around as a register. does anyone know if it is still there and if so, WHERE?

locate the serial number on the tranny.
Serial #590 to 23674 was made in 61'
Serial #23675 to 49845 was made in 62'
Serial #49846 to 73874 was made in 63'
In 63' IH transitioned to the 70/100 series, so those later serial numbers were probably the 70/100's

Well , According to this it looks to be a 61 model (9910) Am I right?

Thanks
Dave

Yes, 9910 would be May of 61.' Just make sure there is no 1 in front of the 9. It would still be a 61,' just made in Nov.

Jay,
54675 would make it a March of 63' manufacture. ;)

Great find. Good luck with your restoration of this Original Cub Cadet!

Back