• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Found a Super Cyclops

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstewart

IHCC Supporter
displayname
jon stewart
My OCD has been bothering me again, urging me to find a Super Cyclops (that isn't 300+ miles away) My search has been rewarded, I'm going to look and probably buy one tomorrow. The guy that has it used to work where I did, so we had a long talk.

It came home with me

Attachments

• Super cyclops.jpg
    Super cyclops.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 0
2082?
No deck??
Mind me asking as to what size pulley the PTO has on it.
It has the deck itself, no mandrels, not rusted out, but definitely a fixer up...............................yes, a 2082
I don't plan on it mowing, so deck will be on the back burner, til I get the necessary parts.
I will measure PTO, I think he said it has been replaced

There is another Super Cyclops that isn't very far away, it looks to be in poor shape, has been for sale a long time, Kubota engine. Don't know why somebody would neglect a high dollar machine like that. I was toying with pursuing it, but am a bit leery...............then this one came up. Which looks somewhat better, but sure not pristine.

Looks like good summer project to restore with only light work if youre not using it to mow. Have fun. Front hydraulics are easy to add on these. Yours seems to not have the extreme rust problem between the running boards and rear fender.

Thanks!
That's one of the decks that were spec'd for that model as well.
By chance, did you notice the size of the PTO? .....6" maybe?
I am trying to find the correct pulley combo for the 374 deck I plan to use on my 2086 w/6" PTO pulley is why I ask.
The 374's used a 6" pully also but I fear It will not run correctly with 6" PTO and I am trying to determine what size the deck pulley needs to be.

david here is pdf for fitment of decks.

Attachments

• Scan of fitting older decks on cyclops.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Good info Lew and thanks!
This will get printed and put in my Cub library.
Only thing is, my unit is ser#880412 and was not built until 1996-1997
The last page on your PDF lists the 1782, 2082, & 2182, all which pre-date the 2086.
Maybe there is a later service advisory that covers these later ser# Cubs??
I'm getting this info from Wills' 50 years of Cub Cadets book.
Have not had time yet to read the whole thing but will get to it shortly.

Thanks Again!

Dave Schwandt

It is still in the truck, so measuring PTO is kind of tight to get to. I will try to unload tomorrow

The deck hanger is kind of odd, compared to other models

The front tires are very wide, just the ticket for the heavy CC snowblower that tends to be a problem for the 1864 to handle with its smaller tires. The only problem, it will need to be modified into a 450 model to work on the Super Cyclops?

Thanks!
That's one of the decks that were spec'd for that model as well.
By chance, did you notice the size of the PTO? .....6" maybe?
I am trying to find the correct pulley combo for the 374 deck I plan to use on my 2086 w/6" PTO pulley is why I ask.
The 374's used a 6" pully also but I fear It will not run correctly with 6" PTO and I am trying to determine what size the deck pulley needs to be.
PTO pulley is 4.5 inches on the OD.

If your PTO pulley is the 4.5” diameter, I believe that you will need to swap the counter pulleys on the blower. My 2182 will run the 451/551 and has the 6 inch PTO. When I was planning on running the 551 blower on a 982 I found some posts on the OnlyCubCadets site describing the pulley size needed to modify to a 450 model.

If your PTO pulley is the 4.5” diameter, I believe that you will need to swap the counter pulleys on the blower. My 2182 will run the 451/551 and has the 6 inch PTO. When I was planning on running the 551 blower on a 982 I found some posts on the OnlyCubCadets site describing the pulley size needed to modify to a 450 model.
That is the way I remember it, from what I read some time ago, pulley size is the only difference.

Back