• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

For those who met my Grandpa at the Freeport show 10 years ago

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
I've been really busy lately and haven't had much time to check in here, but I need to stop by for a few and say this.

Several of you (Tom Hoffman and Bryan McMeen, and a few more, I think) met my Grandpa, Edwin Gonitzke, at the Freeport, IL threshing show in 2003 or 2004 when he came down to visit. He passed away this past Wednesday at the age of 97. He was also a World War II vet and was buried on Saturday with full military honors. I wanted to post this picture as soon as I found out he had passed away, but I had to wait until the funeral to get a copy of this picture to scan in. This is from near the beginning of my Cub Cadet hobby.

259362.jpg

Matt: Great picture. Thanks for sharing. I trust the funeral was a way to truly celebrate the gifts your family received from the life God gave your grandfather Edwin.
smile.gif

So sorry to hear of your loss Matt. Your grandfather obviously had a full and long life living for 97 years.

I'm also sorry it took something like this to hear from you again. I know you're busy with the working life and flying but try and stop by the forum every now and then.

Take care...

Yep, I remembertalking to him. We had a interesting conversion. Sorry to here of his loss.

Matt, my condolences to you and your family. He sure looks proud of you in that photo.

Matt and Family My prayers will be with you all

Matt - sorry for your family's loss. I hope you kept him apprised of all your adventures, I'm sure he would be very proud.

Miss seeing your posts, as others have said, don't be a stranger.....

Matt - sorry to hear of your loss.

Without a doubt, guys like your Grandfather were cut from a different cut of cloth - for the better of all of us.

Latest posts

Back