• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING
  • If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: 1996 Cub Cadet 1430 Lawn Tractor- Good Condition $200

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

RayF

displayname
Baker6x6
SPRING CLEANING!!! 1996 Cub Cadet 1430 Lawn Tractor $200 FIRM!
One family owned, purchased new by my brother-in-law. I've had it since 2006
- Kohler Magnum 14HP Twin Cylinder engine- well maintained, no smoke,
- Fresh oil and filter change, greased, new belt,
- Good Hydrostatic Drive (brand new transaxle drive belt)
- Solid Frame
- Good electric PTO- replaced in 2010 (about $225), very few hours- see pics
- Starts and Runs easily and drives very well
- Great powerful tractor to pull a garden cart, or move things around the property.
- Easy and fun to drive for kids.

Cons-
- 46" Mower deck is rusted out and not useable as-is. I rebuilt the deck around 2010 with new spindles, pulleys, and some rust repairs, but it hasn't been used since 2016.
- Tires are original, they will hold air but have cracks in the sidewall and tread. Only one tire needs pumped up every few days..

VIDEOS:
Walkaround-
Tractor In-Use-

*NOTE: It has a "temporary" motorcycle battery installed that DOES NOT go with the tractor. Correct battery (350 CCA) is $59 at most Auto Parts Stores. Cheap Battery is about $39.

Attachments

Stevenovick1

Here in Pa. I don’t know what’s going on. Everyone’s “Lawn” not Yard. Looks like a country club. Everybody’s yard is thick Greeeeen and high.

RayF

displayname
Baker6x6
Here in central NC... we have some terrible soil... mostly red clay.
Our neighbor was a landscaper, and he spend lots of $$$$$ and an incredible amount of labor.. trying to grow "grass" in his yard. The trouble was- all his neighbors had Bermuda grass as the predominant grass type. You cannot keep it out of your yard. If any yard withing 1/2 mile has Bermuda.... YOU have Bermuda.
Bermuda goes dormant around early November, and stays brown until early April. Coming out of dormancy, It takes about a month to overtake the dandilions and onion grass. By mid-May, the yard will have a thick, strandy, sprawling, weed-choking cover of Bermuda grass... that will stay lush and green until November (if we aren't in a drought).
I'm not interested in making my yard look like a "country club"... I just want a nice-looking blanket of green... if the trimmed weeds are green... I don't have a problem with that! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Stevenovick1

I think I have that in my yard. It takes over. floats up high. very weird. Only way to get rid of it is Round up.

kbanner

displayname
KEITH BANNER
SPRING CLEANING!!! 1996 Cub Cadet 1430 Lawn Tractor $200 FIRM!
One family owned, purchased new by my brother-in-law. I've had it since 2006
- Kohler Magnum 14HP Twin Cylinder engine- well maintained, no smoke,
- Fresh oil and filter change, greased, new belt,
- Good Hydrostatic Drive (brand new transaxle drive belt)
- Solid Frame
- Good electric PTO- replaced in 2010 (about $225), very few hours- see pics
- Starts and Runs easily and drives very well
- Great powerful tractor to pull a garden cart, or move things around the property.
- Easy and fun to drive for kids.

Cons-
- 46" Mower deck is rusted out and not useable as-is. I rebuilt the deck around 2010 with new spindles, pulleys, and some rust repairs, but it hasn't been used since 2016.
- Tires are original, they will hold air but have cracks in the sidewall and tread. Only one tire needs pumped up every few days..

VIDEOS:
Walkaround-
Tractor In-Use-

*NOTE: It has a "temporary" motorcycle battery installed that DOES NOT go with the tractor. Correct battery (350 CCA) is $59 at most Auto Parts Stores. Cheap Battery is about $39.
Where are you located and do you still have this 1430?

pdorow

displayname
Paul Dorow
Here in central NC... we have some terrible soil... mostly red clay.
Our neighbor was a landscaper, and he spend lots of $$$$$ and an incredible amount of labor.. trying to grow "grass" in his yard. The trouble was- all his neighbors had Bermuda grass as the predominant grass type. You cannot keep it out of your yard. If any yard withing 1/2 mile has Bermuda.... YOU have Bermuda.
Bermuda goes dormant around early November, and stays brown until early April. Coming out of dormancy, It takes about a month to overtake the dandilions and onion grass. By mid-May, the yard will have a thick, strandy, sprawling, weed-choking cover of Bermuda grass... that will stay lush and green until November (if we aren't in a drought).
I'm not interested in making my yard look like a "country club"... I just want a nice-looking blanket of green... if the trimmed weeds are green... I don't have a problem with that! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Yes the clay here in NC makes it hard to grow grass, I have to over-seed every October. Even with irrigation its still difficult !!

Latest posts