• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Food plots

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are getting close here in Northern Arkansas. Breaking ground this weekend. We will be planting some seeds indoors then transplanting in a week or two.

I just bought a Corn hand seeder ( Vintage) But seems to put it 1 5/8 depth all the time. Plus i’ll be able to follow a string. To keep it straight. Sweet corn it is. Then throw soy beans in. with a hand spreader. That will get the Deer in.

Yes Gary. Deer. Sorry did not see/ read yah. Problem i’m gonna have though. White oak mass should be good again this year. Deer go to them First. Hey if we have a late frost. And it hits the acorn . Well that will make a difference. It’s only 1 1/2 acre lot. Just want to till with the Cub

I started a thread back in 2008 on food plots. I have not had time to keep at the food plot at the family farm, also the bucks hang out there all summer as bachelor groups but once they split up they disappear leaving a very small window of hunting opportunities. Hardly any does visit the area, I really need to find the time to revisit this and make some habitat improvements to attract does in. On my 5 acre home property I get a good mix of does and bucks and have been trying to figure out the best way to hunt it. Mostly I have just been having fun with trail cameras. Here's a link to the food plot thread:

Food Plots

Thanks Kraig. I figured out the Magic of hunting Big Bucks. When i tell them. They think i’m nuts. They don’t buy it. You wanna see Bucks on their feet. Hunt the Red moon. Just pay attention to where the moon is. If the Moon is up high 12:00. When it’s early morning. ( check your moon time for your zip code) Bucks will be forced to their feet. Same when the moon is at your feet ( Philipenes) or china. That’s when it gets intense. Anyway i’ve noticed over the years. Big Bucks leave their sanctuary (safe spots) when it’s a red moon. And no red moon has nothing to do with the color of the moon . Probably more so for Deer blood. I follow the moon guide. They are available on line. Just look at the Bucks those guys kill on the red moons, 200”

Back