• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Flywheel & PTO bearing puller

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jderstine

displayname
Jeff Derstine
It was suggested that I share the dimensions of my homemade puller since it worked well for me.

193263.jpg

I used a piece of cold rolled steel 3/8" x 1-1/4" that I had laying around. ( 6" long approx )

I drilled three holes with an "O" ( .3150 ) drill ( a 8mm {.3160} or 5/16" {.3125} would work too ) on 1.250 ( 1-1/4" ) spacing. The outside holes are 2-1/2" apart.
The center hole is tapped 3/8-16NC.

This will allow you to use two 5/16-18NC x 2-1/4" long bolts to screw into the flywheel ( K-301 for my instance ) and a 3/8-16NC x 1-1/4" bolt to pull the flywheel off the crankshaft.

I also found that by using two 1/2" sockets ( 3/8" drive), you can pull the PTO bearing off after you loosen the eccentric collar

193264.jpg

Take the flywheel puller bolts and put them thru the socket "backwards" ( the socket hex holds the bolt head and the bolt body goes thru the 3/8" drive for the ratchet ) and put a couple 5/16-18NC nuts on the puller. Hold the bolts/sockets against bearing while you snug up the nuts equally on the main body of the puller.

Then simply turn the 3/8" bolt in and the bearing slides off very easily.

You could also had a couple more holes further out to pull the starter / generator pulley too.

PARTS LIST

(1) 3/8" x 1-1/4" x 4" min. length steel for main body ( change stock size to suit what you have on hand )

(1) 3/8-16 NC x 1-1/4" bolt
(2) 5/16-18NC x 2-1/4" ( or 2-1/2" ) bolts

letter "O" drill ( or 8mm/.3160 or 5/16/.3125 )
3/8-16NC tap

(2) 1/2" sockets, 3/8" drive ( I used a 6 pt & 12 pt which were in my socket set )

Back