• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Flywheel Interchangeabilty

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstouffer

displayname
James Stouffer
Have a 1450 Kohler engine I rebuilt and plan on putting in a 129 frame. Will Flywheel from 12hp work on 14hp without any balance issues? Tried searching for any threads related but computer idiot and cannot find anything. Thanks everyone for any help.

James, yes, this has been done. From my understanding, the main issue, if it is an issue, is that the engine may be more likely to bog down when heavily loaded, (think of thick grass when mowing or heavy snow when snow plowing or snow blowing) than it would with the 14hp flywheel due to less rotational mass keeping it going. It should still be better than just a 12hp however. Just a slight compromise with the smaller flywheel.

Lew is correct, I'm more of a narrow frame guy so I missed that about the 129, I was thinking 127 for some reason. A 129 is a wide frame so the 14 hp will drop right in, where a 127 which I had in mind is a narrow frame.

We’re talking starter/generator versus bendix starter though.

I didn't want to change wiring but I think I will to keep 1450 flywheel. I plan on putting my 50" deck on this tractor and need all the hp available. Tried mowing with 12 hp worn out motor and 50" deck and couldn't handle it.

Back