• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Flat trailer tire

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Payne

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Insane Payne
I had 2 flats on my garden trailer, I bought 2 new tires for it from Harbor Freight,put them on and 2 weeks later one went flat, bought 2 new tubes and replaced tube in one of the old tires and put on trailer (had trouble removing old tube,so i used a pair of plyers to pull out tube and tore a hole in tube) Tookthe new & old tire and carefully removed tubes to leak check.....Found BOTH tubes were leaking where the brass angle valve meets the rubber inertube,,bout a pint can of rubber cement and coated the brass & rubber conection with 3 coats of glue,reinstall tubes NO PROBLEMS now i have 2 spare tires and one new spare tube !!!!!

Harbor Freight is the LAST place I'd go to get tires or tubes for anything. They have some decent enough stuff there, but anything rubber is not in that category.

I bought a tire for my CC trailer on Amazon without paying attention to the brand name because it looked like the same Carlisle brand that was on my trailer. By the next Spring the tire was flat so I aired it up, bubbles formed all over the tire and it would go flat in a short time. I looked closer and discovered the brand name on the tire was Hirun, it looked like a Carlisle. Looked on Amazon again and found a Carlisle brand. So far so good, held air over the Winter and no bulges. I'm guessing that Harbor Freight sells the same Hirun brand, look closely and don't buy that brand. By the way, Carlisle is made in china now too but it is heavier, the Hirun brand is more like an inner tube with some tread on it.

Back