• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

Fix for CC100 steering slop

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
can anyone tell me what parts i would potentially have to replace to fix the slop in this? haven't pulled it yet so maybe it will be obvious.
I'd plan on replacing all the parts except the main shaft. And while you're at it I'd suggest the Super Steer upgrade, which is basically just adding a bearing and washer on the outside. Pretty certain CC Specialties and Kirks Engines (both Sponsors) have the upgrade.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
Oh, one other tip, there's a package for the two thrust bearings that are on either end of the steering sector on the steering shaft, all new bearing balls, the two stamped steel races for the top & bottom of the sector, and the nylon or plastic ball separators, one part number for around half the price.
Another approved fix if the center pivot pin is loose, and the channel the axle fits in is bent wider, a short 3/4" hex head cap screw can extend the life of the axle. Bolt needs to go in the back of the channel with threads toward the front, that's on 12 hp and larger engines with the deep sump pan, flat pan engines ,like, 7,8,10 hp can go either way. I'd use a grade 5 fine thread bolt & nut. And a good front wheel bearing replaces the plastic bushing at the top of the steering tube.