• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

First Gear collectors?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
Anyone got one of the tow trucks?

Found something strange the other day - the elastic cord that's used to represent the cables was all loose and, for lack of a better word, baggy. Probably had it sitting on the shelf for 2 years. Tugging on it caused it to stretch but not shrink back. Bugger. I'm gonna have to restring it all with heavy coat button thread...

25483.jpg

Bryan-
Any chance you happen to get in on some of the orders for the Chicago Fire Department?

Been looking on Ebay for ANY 1928 or 1929 GMC chemical truck (fire apparatus, foam truck), even better if it was a LaFrance. No such luck.

Wyatt -

I wish. I see all of that stuff in the commanders offices whenever I head over to CFD HQ. Of course, they never want to sell any of it...

BRIAN AND WYATT,

FIRST GEAR TRUCKS are available directly from FIRST GEAR. Their phone number is 1-888-771-5576 or you can order from their on-line store at WWW.FIRSTGEARONLINE.COM. Special Issue trucks are available from their distributors. They will give you their name and phone number if they think they may have any available. You can also become a member of their Early Release Program for a fee of $10.00 payable at time of your first order.

For what it is worth, they are also releasing a 1/25th scale 1953 IH Travelall done up in red abd black with "IH TRUCKS" graphics in March 2005.

Michael G. -

Trust us, we know that. I've belonged to their "club" for years. And I'm sure Wyatt and I have driven thru Peosta more times than we care to remember
wink.gif

That said, the Chicago Streets & San series that I have was NOT available thru First Gear directly but thru one (and only one) distributor.

(Message edited by bmcmeen on February 04, 2005)

BRYAN,

I got the impression you had "good knowledge" of their programs from the picture you posted. NICE COLLECTION!

Being a long time IH then DRESSER and now KOMATSU distributor most of the Komatsu promo models we have come from First Gear.

Michael G. -

Not shown to the far right would be the Chicago garbage truck. Not prototypical by any means, it's still cool, with a City of Chicago dumpster!

I have the old <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> stake truck and the newer box truck with all the old <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> trucks on the side, too.

Byran,

Looks like you suffer from the same two illnesses that I do- Cub Cadets and Diecast collectable trucks and cars.

My wife keeps threatening to put me in therapy if I don't stop buying more of each!

Michael G. -

And I'm still not quite sure which is the more expensive of the two!

Bryan,
With all that "hardware" are you sure you're not involved with all the political trucking investigations going on?? Nice "R" model!

On a different note, but CFD related, a few years back while in Wilmet I ran across this guy who had the <u>COOLEST</u> car. It was a 32 Ford Coupe (I believe it was called a Fire Commander Special) painted fire engine red, black fenders with gold leaf CFD logo. This thing was beyond cherry. The plates on the car read "DA CHIEF".

Bryan,

I just picked up my new Altec digger/derrick (all white, plain label) to go along with my matching bucket truck this weekend at the toy show.......1st Gear does NICE work.

Bryan-
Sure have, there's 4 ways I commute home, the Mississippi "great river road", the direct route, through Peosta, and through Dyersville . . . . the latter of the two usually to scope out the new toys.

plus knowing people that work at a few of the companies helps too . . . .

SB -

Yeah they do. They finally have a more prototypical garbage truck, too - a Freightliner cab with a McNeilus body. Still not dead on, but closer than the Waste Management style truck.

Tom H. -

Maybe I can get Roy Ferguson to commission a "hired truck" series
lol.gif

Back