• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

FIREARMS:

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodsmith

displayname
Rodney Smith
guns.gif

I wanted a .22 pistol to take hunting and plink with.Everyone has their favorites i'm sure.
Looked at several and decided on the Browning Buckmark camper.It's really acurate. Next gun i'm after is a Mossberg 410. A certain discount store has good buy on it.Like to get a fiest for squirrel hunting also.
231177.jpg

I used a Ruger .22 revolver (starter pistol on steroids) with .22 subsonic hollow points to knock squirrels clean off their branches. Quieter than a BB gun and eight times the punch. I like the gun, looks a little like a Glock and a Luger put together
thumbsup_old.gif

Rodney; Good choice. I have shot one of those and they will impress you on accuracy. I also like the mark 1 Ruger for hunting small game.

Rodney, I've never shot one but I've heard good things about the Browning Buckmark 22.

When I hit the lottery . . .
231258.jpg

One turn of the crank is all I'd ask for.
231259.gif

I am not really into that much of firearms, at least something real. But I am into airsoft which I think is fun because you get to shoot your opponents without really hurting them.

I play with a group of friends and everything is just great. Though I have an AK47 to boot, I really enjoy my sidearm which is a Tokyo Marui replica of a 1911 government pistol.

One of the arms I plan to have in the future if I make the SWAT team (hopefully I become a cop, then join swat) is a 338 lapua long range rifle. Nasty and accurate. Like this version of the British arctic ops L96 rifle.
232685.jpg

Donn, I have a Franchi SPAS 12 made by TM, and a Benelli M3 Super 90 full length shotgun, as well as three Beretta 96FS handguns and corresponding leg holsters, A British SAS style loadout/entry vest, full subdued urban digital camo BDU's, etc. Airsoft used to be a huge thing of mine but now I play more paintball, the airsoft guys from yesteryear have since sold all their stuff. I enjoy the heck outta both though.

I love hearing about all of you young bucks with the guns. It helps keeps foreign invasions at bay. This was the main reason Japan chose not to invade the west coast after Pearl Harbor. They knew every household was armed.

Keep up the good work and pass on this American tradition.

Wayne, I'll second that but I'm not sure I'd post too much specifics about what guns one has. I've posted info on a few of mine, here and on other forums I frequent, but I get nervous every time I do so...

Since I haven't been cubbin' for a few years, I still do read daily. Like Kraig, I'm a little hesitant to post some of my personal wares, but here's one of many benchrest targets from this year. Custom Remimgton rifle I built, chambered in 7mm IHMSA.
232689.jpg

Wyatt; You won't have to shoot anyone. Just show them your target and they will retreat.

Wyatt, that's way better shooting than I did with my old Marlin 1894, .32-20 back in August. I dug it out of the safe to take it out to the shooting range at the farm for a little fun. It had not been fired in about 30 years. The S/N dates it to 1902. I think my eyes are getting a bit old for open sights.
a_blink2.gif
I do MUCH better with a scope. Or a shotgun.
Shotgun.gif
happy.gif

232694.jpg

232695.jpg

232696.jpg

Those are fun! I picked up a 45-70 and worked up black powder loads. In hindsight a 32-20 would have been a better choice, for powder use, casting, and recoil.

Wyatt, I don't reload but I've heard that the .32-30 is a hard one to reload due to the thin brass at the neck down. I would think the 45-70 would be a fun one. Yes lots more recoil but as a hunting caliber it is more useful. I have a Uberti replica of a Colt 1873 SAA also in .32-20. I have not shot it yet. One of these days I need to shoot it and get it over with.
happy.gif

232704.jpg

Nice guns!
This is my new pocket pistol. Ruger .380 with laser sights. I really like it. It is the same size as the Beretta .22 I used to carry & alot lighter.
draw.gif

232707.jpg

Ummm...I'm not a gun nut...just a nut with a lot of guns...
Shotgun.gif

Bobby, sounds like you and I are a lot alike.
draw.gif

Kent, sweet! Being a big Ruger fan, I've had my eye on the Ruger LCP for quite some time. And now that Wisconsin has finally passed a concealed carry law (though it should have been constitutional carry not permit to carry...
angry.gif
) it might be time for me to snap one of those up.

Latest posts

Back