• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Fire Ants!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel for any on down South that has to deal with Fire Ants. A friend retired to Florida and stood on a Fir Ant hill while golfing. Was in the hospital for several days. Up here in the Midwest we have a insecticide called Tempo. I use it all around the house, IN the house and all over. Very safe product, no odor, highly concentrated. I keep the dogs pens sprayed for ticks and fleas and anything else that may want to visit. Spray under the kitchen sink to get rid of the tiny sugar ants that we get every spring. Not a cheep product but it goes a long, long way. Usually available at AG Chem supply stores.

Borax, 20 mule power.
We don't have Fire Ants but this household cleaner affects the nervous system on ants. 'dust' the ant hill with this powder and let them walk on it and drag it down into their nest. It is an acid so it will kill the grass in the area you use it in.

I feel for any on down South that has to deal with Fire Ants. A friend retired to Florida and stood on a Fir Ant hill while golfing. Was in the hospital for several days. Up here in the Midwest we have a insecticide called Tempo. I use it all around the house, IN the house and all over. Very safe product, no odor, highly concentrated. I keep the dogs pens sprayed for ticks and fleas and anything else that may want to visit. Spray under the kitchen sink to get rid of the tiny sugar ants that we get every spring. Not a cheep product but it goes a long, long way. Usually available at AG Chem supply stores.
Tempo is good stuff, Maynard.
One whiff and the bugs come out of hiding to beg for mercy with their final breath.

Pounce is a good one too!

Fire ants can be such a nuisance, especially after heavy rains. I can totally relate to dealing with pests in and around the house.
While browsing online for solutions, I stumbled upon a pest control company that caught my attention. They offer a range of services, including wasp pest control. If you're interested, you can check out their website at https://ajverminatorpestcontrol.com/wasp-pest-control-sunderland. They might have some useful tips or services to help you tackle these little devils.
As for fire ants, they can be quite persistent. Your approach to boiling water and orange oil sounds intriguing! It's amazing how many eggs can be hiding just beneath the surface of their mounds. While it may be challenging to completely eliminate them, staying on top of the situation with the orange oil could definitely help. Just be careful with its application since it can be potent.

Anyone ever try this stuff?
I use it on potato beetles
Supposed to really raise cain w/exoskeletal insects such as ants & beetles.
$8 for a 4 pounds bag

1689004142318.png

While browsing online for solutions, I stumbled upon a pest control company that caught my attention. They offer a range of services, including wasp pest control. If you're interested, you can check out their website at https://ajverminatorpestcontrol.com/wasp-pest-control-sunderland. They might have some useful tips or services to help you tackle these little devils.
As for fire ants, they can be quite persistent. Your approach to boiling water and orange oil sounds intriguing! It's amazing how many eggs can be hiding just beneath the surface of their mounds. While it may be challenging to completely eliminate them, staying on top of the situation with the orange oil could definitely help. Just be careful with its application since it can be potent.

Would recommend no one clicks that link...user is almost certainly a spam posting account.

Back