• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Finally Got My Diesel Cub!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be OK on the diesel...I know I wouldn't run one that high on a gas tractor because it could overcome the needle and seat. I'm not sure what input pressure the injector pump is expecting, or if it cares. I bet Jim D. knows the answer...

You can use the 12 PSI pump on the diesel with no issues, unlike a gas burner. There is no reason why it would have to be more than 3 however, but if that is all that's available go for it.

In my experience, it may also be worthwhile to check the flow from the tank while you are at it. The fuel shutoffs have a screen atop them and it is a known clogging point. If a long term restriction exists it could result in pump damage.

.....Excellent reason to check/replace fuel lines and the rubber grommets that hold the fuel lines into the tank also....then you will know the fuel system is tip-top!

Thanks Guys for the input. The local NAPA has both the afforementioned HD transfer pump and a 4-7 psi Facet pump. They are almost exactly the same price. The guys behind the counter said that the 12psi model is better built pump but the facet pump looks similar to the factory Denzo. Decisions, decisions, decisions...I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do.

So after looking it all over, I decided to install the Facet pump. The one I chose was 4-7psi and bolted right in the place where my factory Denso was. The only thing that I couldn't use was the fuel filter that came with the pump. The tail stuck out so far that it actually touched the side tin....

307122.jpg

So, I got the appropriate in line filter and installed. I checked the gravity flow from the tank and it appeared to be just fine. After bolting it in, wiring it up, and bleeding the lines, I was ready for a test run...

307123.jpg

It started and ran just like it should. Tomorrow it is time to cut the lawn again! The CubKub just keeps on handling business like it was made to do! I like these smokers!

Joshua S. Sweet. But isn't it kinda hot to be mowing right now? Although I know I'm going to have to mow again once I get the new center spindle installed.

Marlin--no kidding! I helped my business partner locate a 3205 CC back in the early spring. It has the 60" shaft driven deck and has about 650 well cared for hours on it. Seeing my partner isn't mechanical at all in nature, having a machine that he can jump on and go suits him well. That is a really nice tractor and with the big deck it makes short work of his 2 acre lawn. Anyway, he was cutting with it one of the hot afternoons the other day and complained that it was running hot. I went over and took a look at it. Turns out he hadn't cleaned the radiator screen and it was nasty! I try to make that part of my routine every time that I mow with one of my liquid cooled tractors. Good reminder to any of us running a LC Cub! They need to have good airflow on those radiators to do their job.

My Liquid cooled Kawasaki 18hp on the Cub ZTR gets blown off after every mowing......keeps EVERYTHING nicer....engine, deck, etc.

Actually all of my mowers get blown off after use.....I have an El-Cheap-O electric leaf blower on a hook just inside the shed connected to a 50' ext. cord......pull up outside, idle down (cools down engine), blow everything off, including engine compartment, deck etc.....then put it to bed.......

Thought I'd take a moment to share a fun story about the Cub-Kub...I built a house for my cousin about 11 years ago. We finished it in the early winter. It is situated on about 2 acres in the country. He bought a throw away Craftsman the following spring brand new to cut his lawn. Back then I was driving a throw away LT1050 CC and so I wasn't of a mind to stop him from purchasing it! So, about a week ago he called me and told me that the engine puked it's guts and that he was on the hunt for something else. He had a limited budget and ultimately I helped him find a 3165 locally with a 44" shaft driven deck. It is a low hour machine in really good condition. However, it took us a couple of weeks to find the right fit for him. Therefore I lent him my smoker to cut his lawn inbetween. After using it the first time here is what he texted..."I took a lunch break and mowed the lawn. Worked well. How wide is that deck? Love the tractor. Kinda cool when you roll through a spot of thick grass and it starts smoking a little. Yeah, the size of that machine is impressive. Then when you start the engine and it chugs and smoke rolls, that is pretty awesome.". Well said Tim!

It is funny to go back and look through older threads...I started this one shortly after I purchased my first SGT that got me into the hobby. I stated that I might just buy another Cub at some point! I have bought and sold somewhere around 35 of them now and currently have about 7 on the premises and that is small potatoes compared to some of you:giggle:
However, this tractor continues to be my go-to machine. I was able to by purchasing and selling another SGT get the wheel and tire combo that I always wanted for free!
E0CAD0C8-8E1C-49B3-8578-6BF870A45686.jpeg

I’ve always liked the Tru-Power and V-61 look especially on the Supers...
135BEB1C-6FC8-4DAB-B68E-DF119C1ABE72.jpeg

These have a little wear but nothing that concerns me. Now that I have put several hundred hours on this tractor, I can say with certainty that the CV joint driveshaft is a worthwhile upgrade as is the glow plug update as well. Make sure that you keep your radiator clean of debris and that the upper radiator hose has the foam insulation on it to reduce engine temps. I’ve run full synthetic oil in it for quite awhile with good success and yes it still sips fuel! These are great tractors when properly cared for and if I HAD to pick one do it all, it would be this machine!

Back