• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Finally doing a 100!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my actual saw. Just a tad over 48".

321311.jpg

321312.jpg

Kraig,

Nice saw! I think the end turned up is a neat/unique feature.
I don't remember ever seeing one like that.
It would definitely be a nice fixer-upper.
thumbsup.gif

Got the bottom half put back together and the final coat of paint on.

Had some difficulty getting these boogers back together.
The issue was getting the right plates on the right frame, and the right bolts in the right position in the hole!

There are small differences in each plow, eventhough they are both Brinly plows.

321508.jpg

The coulters went together a lot easier than the plows.
err.gif

321509.jpg

Finally got a decent day to paint!!!
groupwave.gif

It has stopped raining for now, and for two days, the humidity has been below 60%.
It is still a little hot, but not enough to keep me in the house.

Mixed up some Case/IH Irongard white and got busy.
Painted four rims and two upper plow frames, along with some various smaller parts.

322144.jpg

Nice work with the plows Marty.

How did you remove the pivot pin in the adjuster rod from the frame?

That's good to know Marty. The plow my father bought in '73 has been rusted tight for years. I went to loosen it up one time and bent the threaded shaft. That's as far as I got. I just grabbed another plow, cleaned it up, and it's the one I use today.

Wayne,

Get you a can of PB Blaster and spray the threaded handle about every three days for two to three weeks. Then see if it will come out.
There are two nuts, and one sleeve on the handle along with the pivot pin and end piece.

Haven't posted here since before dad passed. Sure do miss him.
It is difficult to get motivated with migraines kicking my tail, but I did manage to get a little accomplished on the 100 today.
I am hoping I can get it finished real soon.
Looks like I will have to go shopping and get Charlie to send me some more stuff to complete it.
Getting up my list now.

Did a teeny bit of work on the 100. Breathing wool fibers at work are keeping my migraines fired up.
Feel like crap, but keep pushing on. The package from Charlie helped cheer me up some.
Thanks a bunch Charlie! Now I can finish the 100.
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back