• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Final days for these Allis Chalmers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allenpatterson

displayname
Allen Patterson
My occupation as a flour miller began 11 years ago for a company that operates 5 flour Mills, multiple grain elevators and agronomy locations, a couple edible bean processing plant, and now a couple organic and non GMO grain facilities. Over the course of my short career the 1950's Allis Chalmers roller mills have been upgraded from being flat belt driven off of line shafts below and babbitt bearings to a serpentine belt drive system and each roll stand having having it's own set of drive motors along with bearings being updated to roller bearings. We are now down to only 5 of these roller mills left and these too will be phased out next month as the remainder of this facility becomes more automated and replacing them with brand new roller mills from the swiss company Buhler. Sure will miss the simplicity of these fully mechanical machines that I learned on and hate to see them go.

IMG_20210519_055138.jpg

These were some of the last roller mill models that were produced by Allis. Earlier versions still consisted of using wood in their construction.

IMG_20210519_055021.jpg

Original color for Allis Chalmers milling equipment and electric motor division would have been grey but these had been painted to match our newer equipment in the mill.

IMG_20210519_055029.jpg
IMG_20210519_055113.jpg

Although hard to read now, a few of them have the production tag/name plate still attached.

Latest posts

Back