• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Favorite model?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliment. I spent many hours on that fellow.
One thing though, there are NO modifications on it! It is all OEM, other than the tires, decals, and paint. However, the paint is Case IH Irongard. Oh yeah, the muffler is not original, but is about as close as you can get other than the color. LOL!
The original tires are NLA. Steve B. got me hooked on the front tires. (v -61's) The rear are Carlisle Tru Power ags. I like the lug pattern on these. They don't have the "baloon" look like most ag tires do. The rear rims are OEM, but were not available until later (thinking early 70's).
The clutch was even built using OEM parts. (Thanks,Charlie!)
as for the tractor, it does have several OEM options.
Headlights, Grote tail light, original light switch,"high flotation" front rims, hydraulic lift, creeper gear, fenders with reflectors, IH amp gauge, Brinly sleeve hitch with rear lift and spring assist. 8x12 rear rims. That is all the options that I can think of for now.

Marty, you have done a magnificent job of restoring your totally awesome Cub Cadet 100! Please post photos of what you have described for your CC100. Thank you!

You can see my posts in the refurb and restore thread. It is listed as "Finally doing a 100"

I'll vote for the 149. It's been a long trip - from a 105 to the 82 series. The 123 should become a collector's item. The 149 came "fully dressed" with lights and hydraulic lift. Yes, I'll stand by my vote for the 149. :)

Fav, I gotta say the 149. But I'm quite partial to my 122

Attachments

• 20200415_184949.jpg
    20200415_184949.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 317
  • 20200328_082355.jpg
    20200328_082355.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 295
I dont' think I answered this post previously so here goes.

All IH Cub Cadets are my favorites, but some are more favorite than others. The first one I had was a 1450 that I used for so many years and it really became a part of me. It's also in part why I picked up the name Hydro Harry. I had so many others after that, that I restored and some that I used. They all have their differences and it would be really hard to make a list starting with most favorite to least favorite. My 169 is the only one I still have. I actually picked up the tractor frame and K341A engine at a junk yard (out of their light scrap pile) - it had to be the biggest save I ever made. It took me about 7 years to accumulate enough original parts to restore it. I also joke about using some "pre and post production" parts on it. Things like the hood hinge from the Quiet Line series since it so much better, and the wide offset front wheels from the narrow frame series tractors which give the front end a wider stance.
new169g.JPG

Lady luck was with me when I purchased my first cub almost 40 years ago. It was and still is a 149. Never rebuilt the engine and it runs great, no smoke. 10 years ago I picked up a 149 that hadn't been run for almost that long, sitting outside in a yard. I bought it for spare parts and with less than$100 got it working again. Here's a pic of the two side by side.
20191110_152007.jpg

My favorite narrow frame is the 100. There’s just something about those round fenders. My favorite wide frame is the 1x8/1x9 series because of their similar look to the 66 series tractors. So much so that I painted my 129 like one. 82429C05-F9E0-4D32-BBAE-7D5BFFE64816.jpegD1F2ABA1-4439-4DD1-BDBB-EDB56713F0F7.jpeg

I like the 782 series the most. I currently own a 1985 1711 and 1986 1811. I love them both.

No surprises here! Everyone knows about Kraig and his opinion of 125's. And Hydro Harry and his prototype 169. I haven't seen a gear drive I didn't like. The 1965 70 I refurbished 6-8 yrs ago Dad traded our '63 Original for. Dad did sell it to a coworker, The coworker's kid shut it off seconds after mowing the last blade of grass and it sat outside for a few days, Dad warned the guy to get it inside or he was going to repossess it. Guy thought Dad was kidding. It got rained on one day, next day Dad took his pickup and ramps to work and loaded it up, stuck an envelope with the guy's money in the back door and brought it home. That 70 wore out THREE 7&8 hp engines that I know of, it has the 10 hp that I rebuilt for the second time that I put over 1400 hours on my 72 with. I've done WAY too many modifications to my 72. Anybody else have an AM/FM/ Cassette deck on their Cubbie? I listen to it with headphones so the straight pipe really doesn't bother me. The 129 I had for 10-12 years, was a basket case, but looked nice when we sold it. Dad actually had an almost mint 129 for a tiller tractor for lots of years. I really like my 982, with ALL the options, but I always have the feeling the B48G Onan is about ready to grenade itself so it doesn't get used anymore. When I start the 27 hp Kawasaki in the LZ54 TANK I don't have that feeling I need to duck for cover from flying exploded engine parts. Plus the Tank mows in 2 to 2-1/2 hours, 982 took 4.

Latest posts

Back