• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Farmall 560

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IH 444 Tractor Specs. A 444 if I recall uses the same sleeveless engine as a 544 only de-tuned. Not bad litle tractors and think of them as a different version hp-wise as a FARMALL M. Definitely like Steve B. says... You need power steering with a loader. I know of a nice little Hydro 544 diesel utility sitting at a salvage yard that I'd love to have.

One thing about a 4-560 is the two point can be converted easily to a CAT 1 or 2 with the inserted linkage. You'll also have down pressure with the two point whereas with the newer tractors you won't.

A 444 will be a lighter tractor for loader duties so you'll have to make a concrete block to hook to the 3 point like my ex -BILs did with their JD 2020 utility. They basically made a box and poured a yard of concrete with a heavy duty rod through the middle to hook it to the tractor's 3 pt links. I think the shift lever is between your legs with the 444. I may be wrong. A 544 has it on the side like the bigger FARMALLs. If the TA is good it won't be free wheeling when engaged.

Jeff,
The sky's the limit when it comes to tractors. Really boils down to what size you want, rowcrop or utility, HP, budget, etc. A 444 would be a nice little tractor, too. BTW, I sent ya an email.

Steve,
Thanks for the 560 vs. 706 info. DOH! I knew they had the same engine. CRS.......
err.gif

Marlin,
The old 806 gassers had 301's or something like that IIRC, correct?

806 gas is 301, known for valve seat issues if pulled hard / run hot.

806 diesel is a D361 NA.......very IH good engine......

Josh S. I'm pretty sure the 806 gas was a 301. Sleeveless engine also used in the 856 gas tractor and the gasoline powered IH combines. By removing the sleeves in a 706 with a 263 you could turn it into an 806 engine by honing the engine walls. I heard some guys tried it and would end up trading the tractor in due to the problems Steve B. described. I once saw a fella at a Plow Day with a 560 re-powered with an engine from a combine that he turned into an 806 gas engine. He said as long as it ran would out plow the others he'd keep it. To him it was more of a toy. The 1967 706 engines featured the 291 gas engine and 310 diesel. Basically they were just an early version of the 756 tractor since the frames were now longer only they still had the 06 series shifter. It would have cost Carol and I $450.00 in 1975 to convert our 1966 706 to the 56 series shift linkage.

Steve and Marlin,
Thanks for the info. When it comes to the diesels, I know those. Dad has a 706, 806, 1206, 1456. I used to have a 756 and 1256. So I like the D361 and D407's. And that German D310 in the old 756 had a sound/lugging power of it's own. But those gassers, and their "oversized valve covers" are a different story, LOL.

Jeff,
Any new info on that 444?

Jeff, I did a bit of thinking yesterday about my cousin's hay setup and I remembered that he used his 656 for bailing and only used the 444 for mowing. Back then he had two H, the 444 and 656. He would leave the mower connected up to the 444 for much of the summer. He used an H for hauling the hay wagons between the field and barn and the other H on the elevator. He was not around when I stopped by to have a look at his equipment yesterday. I did not see the old mower/conditioner so no model number but it was an IH. He also got a new baler quite a few years back. He used to have an IH baler which I spent quit a few hours behind pulling bales onto the wagon to stack. He now has a JD 327 with thrower.

Thanks Kraig, Josh, there is so many options I am waiting on the first batch of cubs to leave here (should be soon) so I have cash in hand. One of our local IH dealers is having a auction in two weeks with a nice 884 with a loader mounted in the listing.

884 would be a very nice option. We run a 684 with 2250 mount o matic IH loader and it's is a great loader. 684 is 65hp, 884 is about 80 hp

Jeff B. I noticed a nice looking 350 utility at a dealer in your town. They are asking $1,750. I'd check it over real good and offer $1250.00. I believe they take an IH 33A loader. The A makes it a hydraulic lift and hydrualic bucket. Our in town dealer just received a few older IH tractors. One 706, 756, Super MTA, 300 and 350 utility. and an M with a loader. He tends to be on the high side though.

Just checked his website Daily Auction Company. Scroll down to the 350.... YIKES.... If I were closer to the one in your town I'd be interested in that litle fella.

that was for the one in his area, I am wondering about the $1750 one in my area
1a_scratchhead.gif

Sorry for the late reply. Busy last night. I apologize... Your dealer is ...DeHaven Farm Ridott, Illinois 815-541-7345... and it is a 300 painted like a 350. He also has a 706 with good TA for $3,000. If a TA goes out they last awhile only after so long it affects the clutch and after too long even with the TA enaged when going down a hill the tractor can become free wheeling ahd then lock bakc up. Had that experience with y ex -BIL's 656 utility going down a very small incline. His wife was sitting on the square fender and the tractor lurched about six inches and almost threw her under the wheel while I was driving.

706 is a hydraulic TA not mechanical with overrunning clutch like the 656.....hydraulic ones shouldn't free wheel......but ALL the mechanical ones will if in TA while going down hill.

Never use the TA to slow a load down on the road....always grab the throttle, then the brakes.....

Steve B. Thank You for that info. I was warned the clutch was getting weak and so was the TA.... It scared the day lights out of me. Darlene knew about the problem so she was braced for it thank God.

Latest posts

Back