• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Fall Plowday 14 Info

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, door & raffle prizes are appreciated.
buttrock.gif

It's a little early, but the weather forecast is looking good so far. Accuweather.com predicting partly sunny and 64 degrees for PD14!!

Any advice on what roads to advoid when traveling near the twin cities? other than 35W.

Anyone from over my way going to plowday?

I hate driving around and or near the twin cities, far to much traffic and to easy to get off on the wrong exit or miss an exit.

Lonny,

Just follow me, I'll gladly help you out and lead you through the Twin Cities. Should be no problem driving I-94 straight into downtown Minneapolis, then taking 394 west, then 394 turns into Hwy 12 which leads directly to Montrose.

Early Saturday morning traffic will be light and easy, coming back maybe heavier due to the Minnesota Twins have a game at 11:10am and the Minnesota Gopher have a game at 8pm - Both at the Metrodome in downtown Minneapolis. I doubt either game will be sold out though...

Geez I hate asking for directions!!! Any advise for those of us coming from Iowa? I was looking at google maps and had questions. Will highway 13 over to highway 169 and up to I 494 work to get around the 35W issue? Suggestions? Once back on 494, I can get there!

Jeff - A MAN asking for directions ?
Turn in your MAN BADGE !
animatedihbear.gif

thanks all!!! I retract my question for the sake of keepin the membership!

Jeff, I was waiting for you to ask directions on how to turn in your badge....
roflol.gif

He must not be a Bogart fan
(The Treasure of the Sierra Madre) We don't need no stinkin badges...

I think Charlie's right about needing a rope to get me through downtown.
I have only been as far as the UM-Hospital on I-94 and I did not care for that traffic.
Another thing I aint to keen on is driving 75mph in heavy traffic.

Lonnie,
It looks like Vince and I along with my grandchildren are going to need two vehicles, so we can put you in the middle!
Contact us and we will get you through the cities, no problem.
Ron

Jeff S.,
MN Hwy.13 is a good road. One route is to go thru New Prague, Jordan, Waconia, Watertown and up to Montrose is a good way. There are others, but that's a pretty good route. Keep in mind that you're going through country towns, so you won't make the best in time. Going up I-35 and hitting I-494 and then Hwy.12 is the best for making time.

Ron T.
I sent you and Vince a e-mail concerning the road trip.
This plowday is just to darn close to miss out on.

Weather forecast is holding up really well for PD14. So far, predicting partly cloudy and temperature in the 70's. Can't wait!

Thanks all for the info and maps! I did make the brutal discovery last evening that I wont even be affected by the bridge issue at all and could have saved a lot of grief by keeping my man trap shut! I'll get there via 494 and 12,with my badge on! Kraig, you'll be there right to take a pic? Cant wait!
err.gif

Lonny,
No worries about me doing 75mph with a trailer in the twin cites. I'll keep it at 73.... Actually I don't remember the last time I did 75 pulling my trailer, well maybe it was just a couple weeks ago when I was late getting to a Garden Tractor Pull. No, I was doing 80 that day...

Maybe I'll have room for you and your Cub on my trailer, notice I said you and your Cub ON my trailer - Just kidding! Using Charlie's advise, I do have rope and could tie you down to the trailer so you won't fall off.

For anyone else, there should be no problems with twin city traffic for getting to Plow Day. The 35W collapsed bridge is right near downtown Minneapolis, so anyone coming from the south won't even come within 15 miles of it, same for the north. Those coming from the east, will pass within a couple miles of the collapsed bridge site but it should have no effect on the traffic conditions. For me traveling into or through the twin cities is much easier than other big cities, such as Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.

Jeff, yes I should be there, I'm planning on attending with my digital camera and video camera.

Back