• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Fall Plow Day 2012 - Blunier's - Roanoke, IL

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Blunier Plow Day, Roanoke, IL

Still deciding on a final date, and don't want to hurt attendance at Paul's event below.

Keep 10/13/12 and 10/27/12 in mind and we will firm up dates in a few weeks.

Can't wait to roll some thick, black illinois soil with a cub cadet, Priceless!!!

Bubba maybe Big Steve will have your grease burner done by then
proud.gif

Wow, I'm writing out vacation slips as we speak! LOL Can't wait to hear of the final dates... I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again.
1AA_dance2.gif

...I keep having this idea.....

244010.jpg

244011.jpg

244012.jpg

244013.jpg

Steve which engine is going to pull that monster?

2072...hopefully
happy.gif
happy.gif

They are 10" bottoms that I'm going to set to take 8" cuts...so It should be a +/-16" width of cut. I'm assuming I can pull it 5-6" deep.......I can pull a full size Brinly 12" at +8" deep, so I think it's doable.

It'll be tight with harvest coming up, but I'm going to try to get it going....
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve, Am I seeing a trash deflector in front of the moldboards, the angled cold roll???
lazerburn.gif

Mick,

Those are weed hooks, and they are gone......

Progress from this evening...

244081.jpg

244082.jpg

244083.jpg

Pick up steel tomorrow AM....

popcorn.gif
I had this thought for my Cub-Kub. I'll be watching your progress!
popcorn.gif

<font size="+2">OFFICIAL DATE</font>

<font size="+2">October 27th</font> with tentative rain date of November 10th.

October 13th is just too early to be sure we will be done harvesting. Beans will be off by then, but I don't want to have to stop picking corn because of PD...

Mark your calendars!!!

Steve,

The wife and I hope to be there and I planning on scheduling a vacation day for Friday to cover travel and last minute stuff. Hope to have both the 782 and the 122 if everything works out.

Big thanks to you and your folks for hosting it again!

Steve, I'm a new member just completing the rebuild of a IH 782 for plowing. I'm putting you on the calender. Planning to be there. New to the hobby. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Mike

Mike,

We'd be glad to have you!!!!

My new plowing toy...

244856.jpg

Looking forward to coming. Really nice plow. Does it pull easy ?

Here's my idea for a plow.

-Repowered Cub with lots of power. 35hp Generac
-Duals on both sides.
-Build a 3-4 bottom with a front furrow wheel and a on land hitch.
Let her snort!!!!!!!
happy.gif

3-4 bottoms is more of a "let'er spin" than snort.....

It cuts 16" (2ea. @ 8") at 7" deep and pulls about like a Brinly 12" 8-9" deep....no mistaking it's there, but not horrible (al least in the gardens we were test plowing in.

12 Days away and I'm still trying to get finished up. Can't wait, praying for good weather, ground conditions and safe travels for all!
thumbsup.gif

Back