• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Fall Plow Day 2012 - Blunier's - Roanoke, IL

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plow Day Update:

Friday Evening: 3:00PM - 8:00PM night plowing

Chili meal after night plowing (bring some chips, cheese/crakers, etc. to go with the chili)

Saturday: 8:00AM - 2:00PM open plowing

Check In Desk: East end of barn, facing field.

Parade Lap:

12:30PM just east of buildings (one big long line of tractors for one pass down the field!!!!...Great picture opportunity!!!)

Lunch: Food Stand run by local 4-H Club. Hot Dogs, chips, drinks, etc.

Site address:

1582 County Road 1300N Roanoke, IL (first place east of Apostolic Christian Church, large red brick tower). ~1-1/2 miles west and one mile south of Roanoke. Closest road intersection 1600E & 1300N.

Enter on blacktop driveway and park to left in grass pasture.

(Maps to follow)

Facilities: Porta Potty on site

Hotels located in nearby El Paso, East Peoria, and Washington, IL

Road Maps

247222.jpg

247223.jpg

247224.jpg

Field Layout

247225.jpg

RED = Headlands and driving lanes
Black = Friday
Blue = Saturday
Green = Parade Area (OFF LIMITS until after parade lap)

Yard Layout

247226.jpg

Green = Parking
Red = Tractor routes
Purple = Vendors
Blue = Display
Yellow = OFF LIMITS - CAUTION
Dark Green = facilities, food, toilet, check-in

Weather is looking promising, pretty low chance of rain on Friday and Saturday. How's the ground conditions looking so far?

Weather is looking promising, pretty low chance of rain on Friday and Saturday. How's the ground conditions looking so far?

We have had a LOT of rain lately, and it's plenty wet right now. Wednesday is supposed to be 75+ deg and windy which should help dry out the top. there is a chance of rain for Thursday which we don't need, but so far the weekend weather looks good.....SO.......pray for a pretty day tomorrow and no rain Thursday!!

Stay tuned, and I will try to keep everyone posted.

In honor of plow day...Big Steve with his 1st GT plow...about 35 years ago (same 100 he still has, never overhauled since the pic was taken!)

247718.jpg

Sorry Steve, But I'm prayin' for rain so I can make the rain date. Less than 500 acres left to go as of tonight.

Brian,

David Bradley......adapted

Jeff, I know it sounds like I'm being a a$$ but a field or two were 0 and others 200+ dpending on where you're at in the field.

Plow Day Update:

Plow Day Site received .35" of rain this evening.

At this point Plow Day is still ON, but Dad and I will be looking things over at first light tomorrow (all the rain came this evening) and will update everyone again first thing tomorrow morning.

Friday is supposed to be sunny and breezy and we are counting on that to help dry out the top to make it possible.

For those planning on attending Friday night, please check the forum Friday morning.

As long as everything is good tomorrow AM, Chili and BS session will still happen Friday night.

Tom not at all sounds good to me..

Now.... Good Plowing to ALL this weekend

TAKE pics and POSTEM

PLOW DAY UPDATE

8:00 AM Friday

Plow Day is a ON.

Fields are wet on top (although we could walk around this AM without picking up too much mud) , but there is a strong wind and looks like it will dry to decent conditions by late in the day.

Friday night plowing is questionable, just have to see how it dries.

We will still be having the chili and BS session this evening, regardless of wether we plow tonight or not.

Please drive carefully, look over all of the maps and layout before you leave, and remember to check in at the registration table when you arrive.

See you all tonight or tomorrow morning!!!

Big Steve & Mr. Plow

Steve, sure wish I could have made it. I've been way too busy to make any of the Plow Days lately.
sad.gif
Hard to believe that "Plow Day V 1.0" was waaaaay back in the Spring of 2001!
icon_eek.gif

Hope everyone takes a few breaks from plowing to take photos. Be safe and have fun!

I can hear the back doors slammin and the pickups leavin the drive ways now!!! Game on!!
Shift.gif

Latest posts

Back