• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Fair 129 value

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrykaufman

Hello, I have owned my 129 here in N.H. for 25+ years and sadly, I'm ready to part ways with it. I have mowed about an acre steadily during that time as well as hauling firewood and pushing it in the brush hog direction. It has been very reliable, has a new starter/generator, tie rod ends, 42" deck. Hydro and Kohler motor seem strong. It needs a new carb and some steering box work, otherwise ready to get back to work. Nothing rusted, paint in very good condition. I would like to post it and I'm wondering what would be a fair asking price. I hope this is an appropriate question for this forum. If not, my apologies.

Jerry - the Forum rules really don't allow questions about how much a Cub Cadet should be worth. In part because of condition, condition, condition, and that values vary so much across different parts of the country. I can mention that I lived in CT for 14 years and often saw values in NH and VT as being higher than CT. Might have been because there were alot more units in CT.
Good luck with your sale.
Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(they just find another resting place)

Jerry - the Forum rules really don't allow questions about how much a Cub Cadet should be worth. In part because of condition, condition, condition, and that values vary so much across different parts of the country. I can mention that I lived in CT for 14 years and often saw values in NH and VT as being higher than CT. Might have been because there were alot more units in CT.
Good luck with your sale.
Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(they just find another resting place)
The rules seem to have changed Harry, along with so much other material that seems to have gone by the wayside. Grrrrrrrrrr

Charlie - I was just going by what it says on the list of all the Main threads. Here's what it says for the main Forum:
IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum
A discussion forum for IH Cub Cadet garden tractors. Absolutely no 'For Sale' or 'Wanted to Buy' posts and please no links to online selling sites (Ebay, businesses, etc.) Also no " . . . how much is my IH Cub Cadet worth . . ." posts. Your entire post will be deleted if these guidelines are not adhered to.

But if the rules have changed, well then honestly, before I whip off what I think the value might be I'd like to see some pics.

Jerry - can you post any pics??? You say nothing rusted, paint very good, those are big pluses. You also say Hydro and Kohler are very strong but needs new carb and steering work. I have to say it's gotta be hard to tell if the Kohler is good if it really needs a new carb. Is it more likely the carb needs an overhaul? Is it leaking slightly? That's a big difference than saying it needs a new carb. And how much play is there in the steering? Does the wheel turn 1/4 turn, 1/8 turn, couple inches, before the front wheels start to turn? If it's got new tie rod ends did you also install them on the drag link? If so then all the play must be in the steering box, which really isn't that difficult to overhaul. Pics will make a big difference in determinig what your 129 is worth. (I actually like the red stripe on the sides of the hood better than the blue one you get with a 149 or 169).

Back