• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Parts Wanted Factory taillights

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rene - technically the red original lens (cap as you call it) for the 169 is REFLECT-O-LITE 378 SAE-P1-A-70. These lenses were made in the era when those last 2 digits indicated the year they were certified and since the Model 169 was only built in 1974 the lenses would end in 70. Here is a pic where you can see the REFLECT-O-LITE name.
View attachment 148658

And here's a pic where you can see the number:

View attachment 148659

The Quiet Line series produced after the Model 169 may have had this lens during part of the production but later on would have had the REFLECT-O-LITE 378 SAE-P2-A-75.

I don't recall when Bargman took over or bought out Reflect-O-Lite but at some point the replacement lenses started to appear with the number you identified as BARGMAN 378-SAE-P2-A-75.

Just wanted to clarify this for collector purposes. It's really really hard to find any lenses with REFLECT-O-LITE 378-SAE-P1-A-70. The pictures I posted are the ones on Thurmond Swafford's Model 169, which happens to be the very first 169 production unit
Thank you! We do not know the complete history of our 169. We got it in trade for pulling a tree out of a pond in 2003 The spec's are:
Manufactured October 1974 and sold for $1799.
Model 169 Kohler K341A, Spec No. 71154, S/N 528912, Engine S/N 6341845
Chassis serial number 2050048U528912
I just went out (in the rain) and both taillights, one busted, are/were Bargman...

I see one in a Grote baggie
Does anyone have the Grote numbers so I can get them from my friendly local NAPA
Are you asking for the square ones or the rounded ones ?? The rounded one that # is 45262 I was told by someone else on here but no idea on the square one check with Napa or a good camper trailer repair place

Just for the record, while the Grote lights are very close to the original lights used for the 1x4/5 and 1x6/7 series, the original taillights were made by Speaker. The 1x4/5 used a single light mounted onto the panel between the fenders and the 1x6/7 series used two, one per fender. Here are photos of the taillight from the 125 that my parents bought new. This is the original taillight, I have the 125 all apart waiting for me to finish refurbishing it.

Speaker_01.jpg

Speaker_02.jpg

Not sure what the difference is, but Grote 45432 works too.. I have one on the back of my 125 and it's a perfect fit. :)

Pretty cheap on Amazon, especially if you have Prime. I picked up a couple there back in 2019 and they still got them in stock. ;)

Attachments

• 20220605_001854.jpg
    20220605_001854.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 0
Not sure what the difference is, but Grote 45432 works too.. I have one on the back of my 125 and it's a perfect fit. :)

Pretty cheap on Amazon, especially if you have Prime. I picked up a couple there back in 2019 and they still got them in stock. ;)
Think the size is same but these are two bulb units, if I'm not mistaken.

Back