• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Ever feel sorry for running it hard?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkhoffman

displayname
Tony Hoffman
The last 3 days I ran Tug hard. Raked out 1000s of lbs of rock that I trailered up hill, about 400 feet to dump around the backside of my pond. Also used Tug to drag many small trees several hundred feet to my brush pile. Some of the loads up the hill had the tractor jumping a bit on the tire chains. Overloaded the trailer a bit too much. Just a short cleanup this morning and we both parked It in the shade.

Attachments

• IMG_20220815_111705.jpg
    IMG_20220815_111705.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like you gave Tug a good workout. I feel sorry for working them so hard when they break...

With me it comes with the "hot" smell of an air cooled motor. I so badly.... apologetically want to hit it with an hose but know what hell that will bring. Of course, I live in most of the time in Arizona *down in the valley* where most of the year is abusive to air cooled anything, Up in the mountains it's never an issue for us.
Up there, I'm normally distracted by fun before anything can be abused.
Back to you... what's with the chains on the front tires?

With me it comes with the "hot" smell of an air cooled motor. I so badly.... apologetically want to hit it with an hose but know what hell that will bring. Of course, I live in most of the time in Arizona *down in the valley* where most of the year is abusive to air cooled anything, Up in the mountains it's never an issue for us.
Up there, I'm normally distracted by fun before anything can be abused.
Back to you... what's with the chains on the front tires?
I keep them on all year. They are for Snow Plowing. The added chain down the middle help the side slide when pushing heavy or packed snow. The chains don't affect the lawn, so I don't bother fighting them in the Fall.
The chains on my Backhoe are easier to install, go figure.

Attachments

• IMG_20211226_105925.jpg
    IMG_20211226_105925.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 0
I keep them on all year. They are for Snow Plowing. ...so I don't bother fighting them in the Fall.
Back when I was young and Minnesota-bound, we had much the same issue with a couple of units and the Ol' Man felt it was easier to buy used sets of tires/wheels and fully remove the chained up units than to try to remove and re-install the chains annually.

This is even with having a half a baseball team as sons for *free* labor.:LOL:

This is even with having a half a baseball team as sons for *free* labor.:LOL:

By my ciphering that comes to 4 1/2. Should I ask, or should we wait for Harry?

Sorry. Bored in an airport again.

Well... I guess as my little brother; Todd (no kidding!) was always about half-smart and half-speed that the math may figure after all.

Spoiler, he was adopted as a ....... wait for it!.....

Toddler. So that name was already a lock. Made for some funny take-offs to the Bob Newhart show; *Newhart*.

I have two sisters named Carolyn, so I can relate. Made the same Newhart-style introductions...they loved it.
one is a step-sister.

There is a distinct difference between working them hard, and abusing them. Maintain them with quality parts/lubricants at the specified intervals, and work them without regret or worry. They were designed to work for decades, and as a lot of us have seen, they have.

My town accepts tree branches, even bigger diameter ones. I used to have an F250 with 8 ft box, filled it many times. NEW 1/2 ton trick has a 6 ft 4 inch box, so I make more trips. We used to be able to burn pruning but no more. I've considered buying a big dump trailer but they bring crazy money now.

Back