• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Erie MI, July 19th and 20th 2013 plow day

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasmith

displayname
Kurt Smith
A friend and I are hosting a plow day this summer at one of my parents farms. It will be in Erie Michigan, on July, 19, from 5pm to 8:30pm, and 20th, from 8 am to 4 pm.

We'll have a over 50 acres to turn. It will be wheat stubble that will be bailed, or chopped before we plow it.

The field is about 4.5 miles off I-75, very easy to get to.

The address next to the field is

2191 E Rauch Rd.
Erie, MI 48133

Enter the field just east of this address, there is a narrow entrance to the field.

It will be open to any make of garden tractor, I'm not going to open it up to big tractors because the field wouldn't take very long to finish with large equipment.

I'll rent a port a pot, and we'll have a couple of coolers of water. Everyone would be responsible for their own food.

Since this is my parent's property no alcohol.

Thanks, Kurt

[email protected]

257609.jpg

I spoke with my Dad today about the plow day. He hoped to cut the wheat on Saturday or Monday depending on the moisture. He isn't too sure the plow day is going to happen. We will know more once they cut the wheat, and try to bale it.

We've have 10 inches of rain in the past month, so the field is saturated. I'm not worried about the tractors, we can always pull them out. My concern is parking the trucks and trailers.

I'll know more by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, and will post an update then.

I wish I had better news. :)

Kurt

Well it looks promising so far. They cut the wheat on Friday and Saturday. I don't know how badly rutted the field is. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. Hope for no rain this week and we may be good to go.

We will call it by Wednesday. If it looks to be too wet to plow, you will know well in advance, and will be able to make an informed decision.

Erie Michigan Plow Day 2013... CANCELED

Unfortunately, with all of the rain we've had lately, the plow field is too wet to get in to. We just had and inch yesterday. My brother said the combine was leaving ruts in the field, and a pickup truck with a trailer attached will only be worse. So rather than tear up the field, and our vehicles, we've decided to cancel.

I hope no one has loaded anything yet...

We will not be able to re-schedule, as the rest of the summer is crazy for my family.

Sorry everyone,
Kurt

I'm glad we canceled when we did. We got another dumping rain last night. Wouldn't be getting around the field very well.

Kurt

Back