• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Engine surges when PTO is engaged!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki Maier

I was mowing along last week when all of a sudden the tractor sounded like a jet engine ready to take off! I cut the PTO and surge stopped. Im afraid to use it now. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I was mowing along last week when all of a sudden the tractor sounded like a jet engine ready to take off! I cut the PTO and surge stopped. Im afraid to use it now. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Might help if you would share what tractor/machine your referring too.

Oh so sorry! 1863

1631657879978.png

Ok so I cleaned out any remaining grass and took it for a spin. Didn’t make one round and I believe the spindle belt is what broke. Called our tractor repair guy and he’ll take care of it - just not tonight. When he said we would have to take the mower deck off and PTO belt I said I’m out - it’s all yours! Hubby is paralyzed and I’m not up to the task. Thanks though for being a great resource!

Well in all fairness this guy is retired, charges a FAIR price and always comes through so no we won’t get a new repairman. Until this year we push mowed so this is just a good reminder to appreciate things. Besides we leave for the beach Friday so I’m good with him fixing while were gone.

No worries Gary- my post wasn’t well worded. What I should have said is that the repairman said the deck would have to be taken off in order to make the repair. He didn’t mean WE needed to do that. My apologies and thank you for your input!

Back