Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Engine surges when PTO is engaged!

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Nicki Maier

I was mowing along last week when all of a sudden the tractor sounded like a jet engine ready to take off! I cut the PTO and surge stopped. Im afraid to use it now. Any thoughts? Thanks.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I was mowing along last week when all of a sudden the tractor sounded like a jet engine ready to take off! I cut the PTO and surge stopped. Im afraid to use it now. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Might help if you would share what tractor/machine your referring too.

Nicki Maier

Ok so I cleaned out any remaining grass and took it for a spin. Didn’t make one round and I believe the spindle belt is what broke. Called our tractor repair guy and he’ll take care of it - just not tonight. When he said we would have to take the mower deck off and PTO belt I said I’m out - it’s all yours! Hubby is paralyzed and I’m not up to the task. Thanks though for being a great resource!

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
In my opinion,I would change repair man in a heartbeat...There are tons of people who can't replace belts or remove deck...Most businesses would do that...

eweiss

displayname
Emmett Weiss
Maybe by "we", he meant hw would. Often in describing what might need done by the shop, person or who ever

Nicki Maier

Well in all fairness this guy is retired, charges a FAIR price and always comes through so no we won’t get a new repairman. Until this year we push mowed so this is just a good reminder to appreciate things. Besides we leave for the beach Friday so I’m good with him fixing while were gone.

Nicki Maier

No worries Gary- my post wasn’t well worded. What I should have said is that the repairman said the deck would have to be taken off in order to make the repair. He didn’t mean WE needed to do that. My apologies and thank you for your input!