• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Engine Identification

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcahoy

displayname
Randy Cahoy
297437.jpg

Can anyone specifically identify what model cub this engine was taken out of? I currently have this in a 2072 and I need to figure out which Front PTO Clutch is needed? It's a 1 1/8 shaft. Anyone have ideas where the best place to find a PTO Clutch reasonably?

It's kinda hard to see that little pic, but from what I've found.
It looks like it came out of a 1995 Grasshopper with that family number.
Post a bigger pic, or send it to me.

Family: 2KHXS.6242GC
DIISPL: (CC) 624
Model: CH18S
SPEC: # 62588
Serial: 3217003501

Sorry about the poor picture.}

Ok, Scratch the Grasshopper thing, LOL

With that spec number, it more than likely came from a Cub 2183 or 2184 built between 93 and 97 or maybe a 2185/2186 from 94-02.

Thanks Charlie,

That allows me to identify the PTO they had on this re-powered Cub. Very helpful. Much appreciated!

Engine Specs.PNG

I could use a push rod for this particular motor. Anyone know where I might find one? Not sure what exactly caused it to be bent, probably not adjusted properly.

What weight oil are you running? The manual specifies 10W30 for summer operation. Straight 30W can cause the hydraulic lifters to pump up too much. If I'm not mistaken, there was also some other issue with the earlier engines, and they changed the design of the rocker arms. I can't remember the details, unfortunately.

Back