• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Engine Builder / Machine Shop in Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrago

displayname
Joseph Rago
I am in the process of cosmetically restoring a Model 70. I have been told the engine is a K-181 from photos I have posted on the site. The engine ran when I pulled it but I would like it to have a good "going over" before I put it back into a newly painted frame and chassis. Would anyone know of a shop between Trenton NJ, Philadelphia and Harrisburg, or south towards DC with a knowledgeable engine mechanic to look at it top to bottom. Thanks, and Happy Holidays - Joe

Shouldn't be hard to find someone. Here in PA almost every other old time "Jim Billy Bob's Garage" is experienced with working on these engines. Plus it'll give them a chance to use their standard size wrenches and sockets again. 😁
Also, look on FB marketplace. 👍👍

Joseph - I happy to think Kohler K series engines require specialized knowledge. They just aren't the same as any ole single cylinder rebuild. Not sure which travel direction is easier for you (north or south) but Kenny Weimann is in Trumbull, CT and the best Kohler K rebuilder in New England (at least in my opinion). Kenny is an active member on here under the member name Kaweimann . You can use the search feature and send him a message, or you can e-mail him at [email protected],

Well.....Trumbull is closer to me than Richmond. I spent a fair amount of time on that territory through my railroad career. I’ll look to catch up with Kenny via the email address provided. Much appreciated.

Merry Christmas! Who are the best Cub Cadet 100 K-241 engine rebuilders in the Midwest? (i.e., closest to MI, IN, IL, IA, NE, MN, WI, CO)

I’m 5 hours to Pittsburgh VA Hospital.

Attachments

• 49075687-94D0-485A-AC48-DB21E5D1CFA8.jpeg
    49075687-94D0-485A-AC48-DB21E5D1CFA8.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 250
Picked it up today!
Time to finish her up.

I highly recommend mjame. I would contact him directly, to many variables for me to come to on.

Back