• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Electric PTO Question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret McFarland

I managed to cut both leads coming out of the PTO on my 2182. The PTO is a Warner replacement of the original, both leads are black. No way to tell which was the hot and which was the ground. Does it matter? Thanks.

The wires are for the electromagnet. It does not matter which wire is to eventually go to chassis ground and the other 12v supply.

Thanks, seems to work fine. Turns the mower normally. Although the clutch feels tight, doesn't turn easily -- I don't the bearings are worn. It was replaced in 2014, probably not a whole lot of hours on it. It turns with more resistance than my 782 original clutch.

I bet it's getting cool up there in woods where you are. In my late 20's I spent a week at a friends hunting camp just north of Coudersport in the mountains -- steep mountains! It was beautiful. Was like 2 degrees at night. No deer hunting, just tackle football in the snow and tubing with ATVs. Oh and beer lol.

Coldest night this fall to date has been 25. Today was a balmy 33. Days have been very mild and pleasant at 60-70.

Back