• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Electric Power Steering

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanner

displayname
Scott Tanner... Can't even see the Cub in this mess..
Just picked up an electric assist power steering unit for my 66 Fairlane. This came out of a Saturn Ion, but a lot of cars have them now. The unit could easily be used on a Cub. It would fit in the tower. connections include + and - 12 vdc to run it, plus +12dvc keyed power- For instructions, just google electric power steering retrofit.
318073.jpg

318074.jpg

Put a pair of tri ribs on it and you will think you have P/S.
I did just get a set of narrow front wheels off joe skinner not too long ago. I was going to run the narrow stud tires because I'm cheap and there's a guy selling them on eBay for 40 a pair, take offs from new golf carts if I remember right. But I do like how these look with the tri-ribs.

There is barely room in there for the OEM Ross steering sector.
Plus you have hydraulics to deal with on a 1450 and their clearance issues as well.
Sound like a plan wrought with issues and problems.

There is barely room in there for the OEM Ross steering sector.
Plus you have hydraulics to deal with on a 1450 and their clearance issues as well.
Sound like a plan wrought with issues and problems.
I'm not sure, mine is single spool and there may be enough room to squeak it I there if it was twisted in the right position, under the gas tank there appears to be enough room. But a set of tri ribs is surely easier and cheaper if they steer that nice. I need a tie rod and tighten my front up anyway.

I have one of those and was going to put it on one of my 184. The one I have is off a saturn and requires a control box to work. At that time the only place to get one was from some guy oversees. That was about a year and half ago. It's setting on a self in the garage.

Back