• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

early fathers day present, 4 digit original

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkuik

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Randy Kuik
yesterday went w/my son to 1st area auction to look at getting 2 Ingersolls on the auction, and we did and i got a metal band saw. we got to his place to drop off the tractors and he would not open shed door. i needed help to get the saw off the truck, so he came over assist w/another tractor on the trailer. i asked what is that? he said happy fathers day early, his shed was too full now as he also got a 108 for himself. we have a great son. he knew i learned to drive tractor on an original that was my grandpa's my when dad got it, needless to say, dad sold it 45 years ago. it is not restored, but runs and is solid. it even has the reflectors on the fenders.

Attachments

• IMAG3560.jpg
    IMAG3560.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 436
  • IMAG3559.jpg
    IMAG3559.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 421
Sweet! That one will certainly have special meaning to you.

and it runs. the key switch was replaced w/a toggle switch and missing the hood ornament, i believe that is all. the deck is real solid, just no paint.

forgot to update all. last weekend, dropped the deck, pressure washed, drained all the oils, including the air cleaner (oh my goodness, that was bad), pulled the back cover off and used my hand to get all the sediments out (bad). new gasket, new hytran, low ash 30WT in engine and a/c, runs like a top. i have the deck all freed up for the foot lever engagement, just did not put back on yet. believe that should work now also. now just worried all the grease is off it and now will rust. but for 60 years old, looks pretty good.

Attachments

• IMAG3761.jpg
    IMAG3761.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 323
  • IMAG3762.jpg
    IMAG3762.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 353
just an update, now it is complete, i found a used hood ornament from Bates (as used from an Original CC, 404-756 tractors) for $30. looks great! now i cant wait for Garden Tractor Daze in July (hopefully).

Attachments

• with hood ornimant.jpg
    with hood ornimant.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 261
very cool.. someone is tryin to sell one of them for 1500 all orig. no restore done to it... hahha just cant see 1500 for one..

I'd love to have one of those 3 pointers on my original.

I don't know that I'll ever mow with it - don't know that I won't either.

Mostly I'd like one for spotting trailers without getting out of the seat.

Todd.

Back