• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Early CC tire options?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the bigger 23x8.50-12 rear tires are readily available, both in turf or ag tread. I have a set I dragged out yesterday. They don't look too bad for their age; we'll see if they hold air for more than a few minutes. Right now, I'm trying to pull a 4' drag harrow around a small field I'm reviving, and traction is an issue. I'm also trying to figure out some more weight for the back. I can buy wheel weights for $150, but I'm cheap and poor, so I may try to make some concrete ones.

Thank you Harry for your valuable comments about tires pressures and 6-ply tires vs. 2-ply & 4-ply tires. I would like to restore my Cub Cadet 100 for mowing. In all my many years of mowing while living in the Midwest, I've never ripped up a lawn and do not want to start now.

I've put 6-12 2 ply turf tires on, 4.00/4.80x8 2 ply frts on, 23-8.50x12 2 ply Firestone lugs on, 16-6.50x8 frt 2 ply and 18-8.50x8 frts and they ALL went on fine, but the 26-12.00x12 4 ply Firestone lugs might as well been made of cast iron, they had NO flexibility at all. If you actually need a 4 ply tire on your CC you are severely over-loading your tractor! I could see a Cubbie with a loader needing a 4 ply tire. And beefed-up spindles.

Latest posts

Back