• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dual tire pressure

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What air pressure do you need in a dual tire setup

Timothy, I suggest you google this and make up your own mind, my research indicates equal pressures!
Of course your talking a GT (garden tractor), so I doubt you will have big issues if you choose not to.
Just say'n.......

Timothy, I suggest you google this and make up your own mind, my research indicates equal pressures!
Of course your talking a GT (garden tractor), so I doubt you will have big issues if you choose not to.
Just say'n.......
Hey Tom,
I can tell you didn't grow up on a farm, If ya did, you'd know research don't mean anything. But actually using and doing jobs with big tractors does.
:greenthumb:

Hey Tom,
I can tell you didn't grow up on a farm, If ya did, you'd know research don't mean anything. But actually using and doing jobs with big tractors does.

Hey Digger,
Your right, I know nothing about big huge Midwestern farms and the equipment used on those, and never said I did. However I have spent enough time around smaller farms and their equipment to know which end of the cow is safer to stand in front of.

And knowing this forum is about Cub Cadets, uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought those were the little ones.

My hope is to learn something while I'm here, so I'd rather you educate me please.

:popcorn1:

Hey Digger,
Your right, I know nothing about big huge Midwestern farms and the equipment used on those, and never said I did. However I have spent enough time around smaller farms and their equipment to know which end of the cow is safer to stand in front of.

And knowing this forum is about Cub Cadets, uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought those were the little ones.

My hope is to learn something while I'm here, so I'd rather you educate me please.

:popcorn1:

Matt already educumated ya on the the correct tire pressure, nothin else to say, other than he's correct. Like Forrest Gump said. (y)
1593044314260.png

Talk about a knock down drag out, geez.
:fencing:
No one stated an "actual" pressure to use, or even how much less on the outer pair.
I'd like a little more educumation, and I think Tim would too.

Talk about a knock down drag out, geez.
:fencing:
No one stated an "actual" pressure to use, or even how much less on the outer pair.
I'd like a little more educumation, and I think Tim would too.
It depends on a LOT of things Harry, tire size, old or new tires, weight carried on the tractor/wheels, implement hanging on the front or back, size of the tractor, It ain't rocket science, but COMMON SENSE has a HUGE roll in anything we do with any machine. BUT! If you really want to get to the nitty gritty of it! It doesn't make or will make a bit of difference on the average GT. UNLESS you just want to argue about something all the time, Just sayin! BTW, you'll notice that Steve B. hasn't said anything about! He knows, as do most of us do.

Last edited:
Charlie - hahaha - I thought I might get a little air pressure (wind) blow'n here, just to stur things up a bit, no tornada's :wedgie:

What Matt said is correct - less pressure in the outer tires. It lessens the strain on the axles and bearings.
Alan - That makes sense.
I just have it stuck in my head as that is definitely something you would never do on a big rig tractor trailer duels. But we are talking about slow moving, not on pavement machines here, so I guess different rules apply for certain applications.
Thanks.

Back