done with my cub cadet 1512

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

dchapel

displayname
deryl chapel
What tires did you exactly go with? Is that an ATV tread?
Arisun 23 X 10.5-12 Dot All-Terrain Tire For Golf Carts & Atv'S (6 Ply Rating) - 1, Set Of 2 Or 4 (23 X 10.5-12, Set Of 2 Tires)

sgalante

displayname
Stephen Galante
Beautiful work, from another 1512 owner.
I didn't see these posts when you originally put them up. I'm not sure if 1512's could be different. When I bought my 1512 used in 1996, I was told that the only way to use sleeve-hitch attachments left-over from his 1450 was to add a Cat-0 three-point hitch and one of the triangular adapters to use those implements. That is exactly what I did. If I remember correctly, it was due to the location of the fuel tank. I'm not sure if I was given bad information or if they changed specifications in different years. Either way, I'm very happy I did what I did. Probably a little more expensive to do, considering I had all the pieces that would have been necessary to use the hitch the way you did. My 1512 is a workhorse and shows its age and wear.

dchapel

displayname
deryl chapel
Beautiful work, from another 1512 owner.
I didn't see these posts when you originally put them up. I'm not sure if 1512's could be different. When I bought my 1512 used in 1996, I was told that the only way to use sleeve-hitch attachments left-over from his 1450 was to add a Cat-0 three-point hitch and one of the triangular adapters to use those implements. That is exactly what I did. If I remember correctly, it was due to the location of the fuel tank. I'm not sure if I was given bad information or if they changed specifications in different years. Either way, I'm very happy I did what I did. Probably a little more expensive to do, considering I had all the pieces that would have been necessary to use the hitch the way you did. My 1512 is a workhorse and shows its age and wear.
this is how i put a sleeve hitch on it

Attachments

sgalante

displayname
Stephen Galante
The tractor looks great. As for the 3-point hitches, guess both methods work. I noticed one other difference between our 1512's. On your dash, to the left of the handle to control the speed of movement, you have that adjustable knob which if it is like the one my father had on his 1450, can be used to limit the forward speed of the tractor. My 1512 doesn't have that.

Cub_Knob.jpg