• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Do you watch the fireworks? - RANT -

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwilke

displayname
Ryan D Wilke
I love the fact that we celebrate our independence and all, but I'm soo against all the fireworks that are blasted off every stinkin' year!

I'M TOTALLY AGAINST THEM!

Not only is it a HUGE waste of money, it is a even bigger display of public pollution!

Hundreds and hundreds of pounds of fireworks are fired off every year around our fine country. The vast majority of them are made up of heavy metals (that's where the different colors come from) and as they fireworks burn - the various metals don't go away - they simply are oxidized in the air then fall to the ground/water and are dispersed into thousands of lakes and rivers and countrysides all over the country every year on the July 4th and January 1st....

Yet, if you are a US producer of a product, you'd better not knowingly release a single part/per/million of heavy metals such as copper, nickel, cadmium, chromium, etc. or you are labeled "an evil manufacturer trying to destroy the entire global community"!

Let's not even talk about the dozens & dozens of injuries that occur to 'handlers & bystanders' from them every 7/4th and 1/1st -- OR -- about the many grass fires started, house roofs that are damaged, cars that are damaged from their flaming fallout.

Anyone ever have any fireworks fallout land on their convertible top?
It's not pretty.......!! GGGGGGGRRRRrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sure seems like we, being an intelligent society, could come up with a smarter, cleaner way to celebrate our holidays.....

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

<u>JEEEEZZZUS!!!!</u> I can't believe I'm hearing this! I like the idea of breathing and living, but come on, it's one day a year.

Think about all the polutants that your car and even our beloved Cub Cadets put out in a year! I guess we should just park 'em and joint the GIANT PC Club.

We should be thinking about all the **** <font size="-2">(Yes, I said ****)</font> that is put into our food. Kid are all fat <font size="-2">(like me, but hell I have 50 years on 'em.)</font>, cancer causing agents, etc., etc., etc..

Don't like to bicker with "Tractor Buddies", but come on lighten up.

Charlie

Speaking of illegal aliens, Arizona just passed the toughest bill of any state on hiring of illegal aliens. (guess they gave up on the Government doing anything). Get caught twice knowingly hiring an illegal and you lose your business license. Paper was saying today that the illegals may move to another state. Maybe I can get a job washing dishes.

Happy fourth of July, someone please pass the gun powder and fire works.

I agree with Tom...
But for the GROUP of the biggest complainers which just happen to be the people that you see everytime you watch TV ... yes our very own beloved Hollyweed know-it-alls and the millions of $$$ they make from it ... look at ALL the pollution they create (and wasted space) when they make movies with oil tankers blowing up, old steam engines puffing out tons of black smoke (you know the rest).

Happy 4<sup>th</sup>

Fellas, Fellas.....

I was NOT suggesting fireworks is the worst thing to ever hit our global environment.
Nor was I suggesting that we should all:

- park our vehicles & walk to work,
- cut our grass with scissors,
- stop all space or air travel,
- stop production of all action movies,
- stop using/making electricity,
- stop wearing manufactured clothes,
- stop cooking our food,
- stop heating & cooling our homes,
- stop lighting the nights,
- stop brewing beer,
- etc. etc. etc.........

Nor was I suggesting we have a debate on the comparision of:
- which form of pollution is worst to whom or what; nor,
- who's doing the most polluting per capita....

I was ONLY suggesting that maybe we could & should look at celebrating our holidays WITHOUT shooting off all the damn fireworks!

All-in-all, I hope each and everyone of you had a WONDERFUL 4TH!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

I'm tired of bitting my lip SCREW IT I'm speaking my mind ! Charlie can kick my butt out of here if he wants to but I'm getting my say for as long as it's here.

Ryan you sound just like a damn atheist in the respect they don't think we should have IN GOD WE TRUST on our money or any public display of religion. You seem to think (something you don't seem to do) that just because you don't like something the rest of the USofA should suffer. Well screw you and the cub you rode in on !
Burn up all the natural resources you want to but sit back and bitch about fireworks air pollution ... get a fuckin life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I hope your damn rag top burnt to the ground.

Latest posts

Back