• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Distraction from SUB-ZEROM temps!!!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Nuff said!!

DSC00431.JPG
DSC00427.JPG

Good looking 1x4. I see you have a wide frame front axle on that. Did you get it that way or modify it?

It came that way.

Kraig, do we have a thread here somewhere for wildlife??
This little guy just showed up on my feeder.
Only 2nd time I have ever seen a black squirrel in this area.
There are some on the north side of town though.
]Sure hope he sticks around and gets along with the red ones.

DSCN8274.JPG

David, a black is the melonistic stage of a grey.The Mi. biologists claim the black genetics are stronger and eventually most greys will be black.Growing up we had no blacks just grey and fox.Now we have more blacks than greys....????? nope I'm not a biologist but a serious hunter....

David, a black is the melonistic stage of a grey.The Mi. biologists claim the black genetics are stronger and eventually most greys will be black.Growing up we had no blacks just grey and fox.Now we have more blacks than greys....????? nope I'm not a biologist but a serious hunter....
Here in my area of Michigan we only seem to have the grey and black squirrels around the town's but in the woods and fence rows I've only seen fox squirrels and sometimes those pesky little red squirrels that aren't a whole lot bigger than a chipmunk and move so fast and can't sit still for more than a few seconds.

David, I see black squirrels and white squirrels quite frequently around my place. Mostly just the gray and red squirrels though. Occasionally I get a visit from a fox squirrel. There's also some flying squirrels around here. I usually put wildlife photos in this thread:

A place for random photos with no specific topic.

Er, in the chicken coop, with a heat lamp on them. Gotta keep them warm, cuz they can't lay eggs if they're all dead!

Unfortunately chicken coop not shown above. In the background of the 3rd picture, you can see the face of our largest cow... standing in that shelter in the back field...

:roflol: too funny!

Here's my distraction from the cold weather. It was only like 45 out when I took these but I'd LOVE that over the 8" of snow on the ground right now!

View attachment 142048View attachment 142049View attachment 142047
Only 8" of snow? I'd trade for the cold we've been having, just over the border from Walhalla. -30, -32C at night, but have only scraped the sidewalk once, swept it twice. Not even put the thrower on my 149. Only places colder are either Alaska/Yukon/NWT, or that band between the Black Hills and over at Digger's area of Minnesnowta!😋

Looks like mighty comfortable living.... around here we have coyotes,fox,coons,and stray cats all after the chickens ...just gotta keep an eye on 'em....

Around here we've got foxes, coons, skunks, and possums that'll all go after the chickens. Fortunately our cat has never shown interest in them. We keep them the chickens in an enclosed coop, and there's a fenced in outdoor area for them to run around in when it's warm out.

An old timer once told me..If the chickens die in the winter a fella can just hang 'em up until spring before ya' have to pluck 'em... ya' 'spose that's true???
Well with the temperatures you guys are posting, those chickens are colder then being in the freezer.

Back