• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Display name and selecting text in a draft post. .

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

F12Mahon

displayname
F12Mahon
What is the point of the display name in the profile? I put one in there but it doesn't show. Is it not what will show on our posts? I was trying to make my screen name the same on all forums I'm on. Something else I found, when typing a post, if you select some of you text, it highlights black and is unreadable.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
What is the point of the display name in the profile? I put one in there but it doesn't show. Is it not what will show on our posts? I was trying to make my screen name the same on all forums I'm on. Something else I found, when typing a post, if you select some of you text, it highlights black and is unreadable.
Here's what I see (emcmahon)
}

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
The display name is at the bottom of the box that contains your Avatar and information. I see F12Mahon on yours. If you want the member name that is just under your avatar to change, just let me know what you want to show there instead of the emcmahon.

On the highlight and it turning black, what are you highlighting and what software are you using? Like Win10, XP, Linux? Chrome, Firefox, etc.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
Testing via laptop so I can highlight something.

Now I saw it and sent it to developer to get the highlight changed to something lighter so we can see the text through it.

Example I did:
1570502468261.png

F12Mahon

displayname
F12Mahon
The display name is at the bottom of the box that contains your Avatar and information. I see F12Mahon on yours. If you want the member name that is just under your avatar to change, just let me know what you want to show there instead of the emcmahon.

On the highlight and it turning black, what are you highlighting and what software are you using? Like Win10, XP, Linux? Chrome, Firefox, etc.
I would like my display name to be my member name.

When I highlight text that I have typed, it is covered in black. I have a nervous tic that when I am reading text, I press the left mouse button and drag it across text I have read. Drives my daughters crazy when they see it! Maybe selecting would be a more correct term than highlighting. I am on Win 10, with Firefox 69.0.1 64bit. Going to insert screenshot to show it.

1570503038257.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
Well, I should be faster. I do this a lot and have know the controls and moves better (for now anyway).

You will notice that I put your F12Mahon as the member name. You can go back into that display name and put something clever in it if you'd like.

I understand highlighting to keep up with what you are reading, and I've sent to have it fixed so when you highlight you can easily read through the highlight.

F12Mahon

displayname
F12Mahon
Well, I should be faster. I do this a lot and have know the controls and moves better (for now anyway).

You will notice that I put your F12Mahon as the member name. You can go back into that display name and put something clever in it if you'd like.

I understand highlighting to keep up with what you are reading, and I've sent to have it fixed so when you highlight you can easily read through the highlight.
I saw that you changed my member name. Thank you. Can a guy develop a crush on a pair of rocking chairs? heh just kidding.

under edit... spelling, sheesh.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
I saw that you changed my member name. Thank you. Can a guy develope a crush on a pair of rocking chars? heh just kidding.
Yes, Rocking chairs on a good porch is an excellent thing to have a crush on. You sit and rock after admiring the yard you just groomed with your IHCC.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
The highlighting was fixed last night and I just now checked it. This is MUCH better.

1570545732008.png

Latest posts