• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Disconnect clutch

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hschroeder

displayname
howard schroeder
Just purchased Model 2072 (284 hrs)that we plan to recondition/paint from ground up. Can obtain disconect clutch kit, is it worth it? Never heard of it before. Tractor will be used in NE Wis and stored in unheated garage.

Howard,
If you can get one cheap, go for it. I think they are somethin like 300+ bucks new, but they are worth it if your planning on keeping it for a while.
Course anything to ease starting is always a plus, JMHO
biggrin.gif

Howard, I really think they are too expensive. Unless the tractor already has one. I priced one for my 782D. Then I bought a magnet heater For the rear end, and a battery tender. Together they work fine. And around 40 bucks was better than over 200!

I am having a problem with a Cub 1204. The PTO will only stay engaged while I am holding up on the switch. As soon as I let go it disengages. I have replaced the PTO switch which did not help. Does anyone have an electrical schematic or past experience with this problem? Thank You, Gary

Gary O:

Here is a simplified Diagram of your PTO circuit;
35262.jpg

Looking at the Diagram, 12V leaves the PTO Sw on terminal 4 (Brown Wire). It then goes to the Reverse switch. In the normal position, this switch is closed except when you shift into Reverse. It then leaves the Reverse Switch and goes to the Seat Switch. This switch is normally open until you sit in the seat, which closes the switch. It then goes to the coil of the Reverse Relay to energize it. Once this relay is energized, it closes contacts (WHT to BLK) and now keeps the PTO clutch activated. In the scheme of things, you could have a bad PTO, Reverse, or Seat Switch(es). Could even have a bad wire or wire connection. You could also have a bad Reverse Relay. With a VOM meter, one could trace this down. Bear in mind, voltage measurements are considered to Chassis or Battery Ground.

Hope this helps.

Back