• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Disable 2084 seat switch?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the JDs only need the switch lifted when PTO is engaged.. Otherwise it will go into reverse normally. Newer jds has two options, that orange PTO thing and a yellow tipped push button... Take the push-button out of the console, jump it out and no more PTO reverse stall feature. At least on the Kubotas you can hit the backup switch just once after engaging the PTO and it would stay that way the whole time the PTO is engaged. Some federal Safety Clown needed to prove his existence. I say let Natural Selection take care of these things

I believe that you misunderstood my point. It does only need to be lifted to keep the PTO engaged when reversing. Most of the time when I am operating the tractor it is when I am mowing and it has become a habit to lift the PTO engagement switch when reversing to keep the PTO engaged. As a result, a safety feature becomes less safe as I have engaged the PTO accidentally when I am just meaning to back up the tractor.

Latest posts

Back