• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Disable 2084 seat switch?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorbirkey

displayname
Taylor
Hello everyone. I'm curious as to the procedure for disabling the seat switch in my 2084. Has anyone done this on a Super Garden Tractor?

Hello everyone. I'm curious as to the procedure for disabling the seat switch in my 2084. Has anyone done this on a Super Garden Tractor?
NO ONE in their right mind will tell or show you how to disable a safety device!
If you want to do it, go for it.

I'll remove any follow up post that even hint on the procedure!

NO ONE in their right mind will tell or show you how to disable a safety device!

I'll remove any follow up post that even hint on the procedure!
Oops! Totally fair. I have seen SO MANY videos on YouTube for seat switch deletes, I figured it was a common thing.

Maybe you can help me out. I've just replaced my fuel system (pump, filter, all new hoses, cleaned tank). And also my ignition switch (RUN was broken).

Engine starts and runs great, but now when I release the brake pedal, the engine shuts down. I'm assuming it's something to do with the seat switch, b/c this was not an issue before. Is it possible i did something wrong reconnecting the seat?

Maybe you can help me out. I've just replaced my fuel system (pump, filter, all new hoses, cleaned tank). And also my ignition switch (RUN was broken).

Engine starts and runs great, but now when I release the brake pedal, the engine shuts down. I'm assuming it's something to do with the seat switch, b/c this was not an issue before. Is it possible i did something wrong reconnecting the seat?
Look at the diagram and you'll see that all that crap is connected at some point, LOL
1623870981856.png

I can see why you want to temporarily disconnect for troubleshooting purposes. But Digger says 'no'. I hope you can follow the wiring diagram.

My experience all safeties are tied together in one circuit.If 1 switch doesn't work it blocks your start system or run ..You said you replaced the ignition switch that's where I would look for a misplaced wire. Don't know that model but usually a push switch on brake ,on pto if manual if elec it's in the switch circuit, seat switch, they all connect back to the ign. switch...maddening quite often

Here's a lesson to remember.Because you made a deal with someone doesn't mean squat if something happens to that person.The question then becomes "how well do you know the relatives??I've seen this play out so many times in life..The Relatives have no investment in your happiness...

I don't understand all the paranoia about disabling a switch. I never heard of any actual law suits over this. Just a lot of what ifs. If your uncomfortable don't do it for yourself or anyone else. Deny any knowledge of knowing anything about doing it or having done such an "unsafe" modification.

Lawyers and Insurance companies with their liability and lawsuits have killed my country.
My Backhoe does not have a seat switch, my neighbors does. Everytime I'm in his tractor using the forks for lifting, I always stall it as I lift off the seat to look as I creep up on whatever I'm lifting. When I made my own harness for my cub, I did not include any safety switches. I wouldn't mine a very non sensitive seat switch for the one time I might get totally thrown from the tractor. Maybe a wrist strap kill switch setup like Jetskis have.

Other than the safety switch on the clutch for starting, I really don't like safety switches, in some cases I believe they can actually make things less safe. On the newer John Deere garden tractors there is a reverse over ride switch that you can lift up to keep the PTO engaged while going into reverse. My initial thought on this was that it's a nice feature as it allows to mow in reverse and saves wear and tear on the PTO. It would be even better if it didn't cut out the PTO when you reverse at all. Here's where I believe this causes it to be unsafe, people are creatures of habit, I've gotten into the habit of always lifting that switch when I'm mowing and about to reverse, there are plenty of trees and other obstacles to mow around and mowing in reverse allows to get a nice close cut around them. I have on at least two occasions lifted that switch when not mowing when I'm about to reverse. I should mention that this cut out switch is the PTO engagement switch that you just lift up so I've actually turned the mower deck on unexpectedly just as I'm about to go into reverse. 😲 Thankfully no one was harmed nor was anything damaged but it sure startled me!

Sounds like the reverse over ride switch is just another a distraction when backing up and mowing. I would think it would be more important to always be aware of our surroundings, especially when backing up and, not add to the things to do when mowing in reverse. Not to mention the additional wear and tear on the PTO and belts. But the additional wear and tear eventually sells parts for the manufacturer. By the way, my yard has trees, sharp corners, etc. to mow around too, I use reverse constantly when mowing the grass. For less distractions while mowing.... don't text and mow! Haha

Other than the safety switch on the clutch for starting, I really don't like safety switches, in some cases I believe they can actually make things less safe. On the newer John Deere garden tractors there is a reverse over ride switch that you can lift up to keep the PTO engaged while going into reverse. My initial thought on this was that it's a nice feature as it allows to mow in reverse and saves wear and tear on the PTO. It would be even better if it didn't cut out the PTO when you reverse at all. Here's where I believe this causes it to be unsafe, people are creatures of habit, I've gotten into the habit of always lifting that switch when I'm mowing and about to reverse, there are plenty of trees and other obstacles to mow around and mowing in reverse allows to get a nice close cut around them. I have on at least two occasions lifted that switch when not mowing when I'm about to reverse. I should mention that this cut out switch is the PTO engagement switch that you just lift up so I've actually turned the mower deck on unexpectedly just as I'm about to go into reverse. 😲 Thankfully no one was harmed nor was anything damaged but it sure startled me!
I thought the JDs only need the switch lifted when PTO is engaged.. Otherwise it will go into reverse normally. Newer jds has two options, that orange PTO thing and a yellow tipped push button... Take the push-button out of the console, jump it out and no more PTO reverse stall feature. At least on the Kubotas you can hit the backup switch just once after engaging the PTO and it would stay that way the whole time the PTO is engaged. Some federal Safety Clown needed to prove his existence. I say let Natural Selection take care of these things

Back