• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Digital Cameras?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodsmith

displayname
Rodney Smith
help.gif

I need ideas on a digital camera that i can learn to use for posting pictures on this forum.I have limited myself to a $100 or less if that can be done.[prefer the less]Something i can carry to use to take to shows and snap pictures of my stuff around home. And yes some of my 6yr old son.

Rodney, if I were going to get one to fit that requirement, I'd get one of the Nikon CoolPix series such as this one: Nikon COOLPIX L22

Right now it's priced around $85 plus shipping.

My wife and daughter each have a different Nikon COOLPIX series camera and both are pretty nice for the price. It's convenient that they use readily available AA batteries. You can also use rechargeable AA batteries. If you decide to get rechargeable batteries, I recommend at least the 2500mAh Ni-MH versions. Don't waste your money on the standard 2100mAh rechargeable batteries as they don't last as long between recharges. Also don't get Ni CAD rechargeable batteries as they don't work as well over time.

KRAIG,
I've looked at those on line.Right now it's showing that our local discount store has it for $84.00.Should I spend a little more and get a lot more.I realize cheap isn't always the best.

Rodney, here's a few photos taken in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the Porcupine Mountains area, back in 2007 with my wife's Nikon Coolpix series camera. I believe it's only a 6MP camera. Sorry for the LARGE size but I thought I'd post them full resolution so you could see what the cameras are capable of.

I decided to edit it and put links rather than actual photos in the post.

PHOTO 1

PHOTO 2

PHOTO 3

I've considered getting one of the Nikon COOLPIX series cameras for myself as it'd be easier to carry around than my bulky Sony camera that I usually use.

Kraig

Wow picture of a mermaid in foto 3 Cool

Nice camera and the first shot was saved .
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

pcwhack.gif

Kraig,
I think you got ripped on that $ 400 camera!!
No, really I can't tell much differance if any between the two.I believe I will settle on the Nickon.If I get one will you somehow be able to help me get it set up and posting? Also I have some pics of the Benham Kentucky I.H. coal mine museum that I need to scan to printer,move to my pc and get posted.Will you help there also?
Rod

For batteries for digital cameras, these are highly recommended by the camera "enthusiasts".

Sanyo Eneloop AA Rechargeable NiMH Batteries

I just purchased a 4 pack off *bay for under $11 shipped.

I use a Kodak EastShare DX4900 ( 4MB ) that I purchased used with a decent size memory card for $100 over 4 years ago. It's bigger than the new ones but still works well.

Here's a couple of my favorites
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/JRD77VET/sunset%20pics/DCP_1504.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/JRD77VET/sunset%20pics/DCP_1462.jpg

Jeff

Everyone has there favorite camera.
Mine happens to be Kodak EasyShare Z812 IS
Does a real good job and the software is easy
to work with. Downloads are a usb cable away.
218715.jpg

Rodney, a few things that make it worth the extra money is a better auto focus, better flash, better in low light and the lens. My SONY DSC-H1 has 12x optical zoom. And now that I think about it I think it was only $300 not $400.
blush.gif
old.gif
It's been a long time since I bought it back in November 2005. It's been worth every penny. It is a bit bulky and some times I leave it behind because of that. I would like a small camera to put in my pocket for hiking and just to have a camera with for whatever and not have to borrow my wife's or my daughter's camera.

shame.gif

KRAIG,
Just was giving you a hard time yesterday!
I realize you get what you pay for.I just want one to do like you said,when I'm out and about.
Also want to take pics of my CC'S and post them.
I feel left out in that area.I've only been at this computer stuff a couple months and have so much to learn about what it's capable of.
Maybe down the road as I learn I might decide to upgrade cameras,but if that Nikon suits my needs
I won't need too.Thanks for your help.
Can you help me when I get one to set it up and post my pics?
ROD

Rodney, I know.
happy.gif
Certainly! I would be glad to help you out as well when it comes to posting photos.

Don't know a whole hell of-a-lot about cameras but one thing to consider if you are going to turn the camera on and off alot you may want to consider a fixed lens camera. The lens going in and out eats up batteries

old.gif

Tom,
After I get pics of my I.H. stuff, and the new wears off [so to speak],doubt if the thing gets used a lot. BUT who knows, I might really like being able to take them and be able to put them on my PC and all that. A yr ago I would have said no way about liking a computer and using it everyday. Look now I really enjoy it.I missed it when I was out of town for CHRISTMAS.
pcwhack.gif

ROD

I'm having good luck with a Kodak EasyShare CX7430. I, personally, like having the eyepiece to look through.
Rechargeable batteries and a printer dock make up the rest of the unit.

Rodney-

Cameras are great for doing R&Rs too. I have hundreds of pics of cub projects and the pics can really help when putting something back exactly as it was. It allows you to study how things go over and over while sitting at your PC.

I use a Sony Cybershot I got a few years back. It doesn't produce the best pics but it does just fine for my needs. I think it was half price then at $150.

WAYNE,
I like your R&R idea! Sure makes a lot of sence.
Thanks for the idea. I'm going to try it.
ROD

Personally, I had a Kodak Easyshare before with docking station - it was great. But the lap time between pictures was WAY too long. So I picked up a Nikon Coolpix P100 and LOVE it. Its awesome.

Back